R Weezle's worth it..Burrr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jim T.:
String and glcoley,
Thanks for your feedback on your Weezles. I have been misinformed apparently about the dryness of the undersuit under leaking/flooding conditions. I'll take another look at the Weezles for future reference.
Have either of you ever had any issues with the fabric's pile clogging your exhaust valves at all? Perhaps this suppoesed issue is like the bungied wings of death/urban myth/thing?

String, what water temperature range do you dive in, in Wales?
Jim T.

Ive not personally experienced it clogging, the outer layer isnt "fluffy" as such, its more a flat shiny material which isnt really going to clog a valve. I do wear a bandage on the wrist though because i found with any suit airflow was better with a bit of construction around the area - thats not weezle specific, i find it on all suits. Its as you say like the "Bungee wing of death" - much talked about but found to be the cause of exactly 0 incidents worldwide.

My one dive suit floods regulary - the weezle keeps me warm during deco and other times when this happens.

As for water temperature, sea temp varies from around 5c in march to 16c in September. Inland roughly 3-4c in february peaking to around 18c in August.
I dont know those in "old units" sorry.

As I'm busy investigating, this is all great info. Has anyone any experience of the Fourth Element 'Arctic' Xerotherm (see http://www.fourthelement.com)? Or heard any comparison between them and the Weezle extreme? Both are at the top of my list - and I'd hate to make the wrong decision based purely on cost (although they're much the same price). :06:

Thanks,

G

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom