R109 lever height

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, my favorite regulator tool, a wooden chopstick, works great to push out the orifice. I use chopsticks that are round, not square, and have a taper at the end. The taper fits inside the orifice, so you're not even pushing directly on the edge.

I've seen the pin retainer and the narrow-slot orifice, but never that funny looking poppet. Thanks for posting.

I have had some that have stubbornly resisted disassembly. I suspect sometime it is because someone used a -010 rather than the -902 on the metal orifice. I have had good success with unscrewing it until you feel the threads click and then use a wooden or plastic dowel to push the orifice out. I have applied quite a bit of force with no apparent damage to the knife edge.

Yeah, using wood would have been a bit smarter :dunce:

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the poppet out without removing the orifice, so I had to get something through the orifice that would also turn to allow me to pull.

Oh, and I can't speak about the 010 or 902, but it was one of the old red-colored o-rings that are SP originals.

Yeah, using wood would have been a bit smarter :dunce:

Unfortunately, I couldn't get the poppet out without removing the orifice, so I had to get something through the orifice that would also turn to allow me to pull.

Oh, and I can't speak about the 010 or 902, but it was one of the old red-colored o-rings that are SP originals.

Once I lift or remove the lever, I use a small allen wrench inserted thru the orifice to push the poppet loose. The red one are 902s.

Once I lift or remove the lever, I use a small allen wrench inserted thru the orifice to push the poppet loose. The red one are 902s.

I tried using a small torx head screwdriver, but I didn't have anything that was thin enough to go through the orifice and still long enough to pass all the way through the air chamber.

There's a lesson for me!

Thanks!

I wonder if any folks that "service" regs soak them in solution first?

Then rinse and adjust and that's the service.

... Finally, the orifice had a much thinner groove for the screwdriver head (I had to go hunting for a thin bladed screwdriver in order to remove it)...

I have one of these oddities too. Interestingly, it came in one of my older G250 Graphite; it's the second generation of the G250's, around '87-'89 according to the SCUBAPRO Regulator Museum.

I recently bought a metal orifice to replace a plastic one. The one that came in was gold plated! I guess SP did a bunch of odd things over the years.

I just replaced a plastic 190 orifice with a generic from somewhere because using plastic is criminal and it was turning to dust from
chlorine.

Back
Top Bottom