R109 lever height

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LeadTurn_SD: I did apply a correction factor that deals with the air pressure and density at the respectable altitude of 332m/1089ft in Geneva:D

awap: I'll go over my instrumentation and methodology and report back if I did something wrong.

Edit:
I checked the Repair Guides for the G250HP & the S600-550, and the recommended cracking range is 1.0 to 1.4". Maybe the 1.25" CGF in Pete's book is for a different or a generic reg?

Last edited:
One other thing to consider is that your user adjustment knob on a 250 should easily compensate with just a fraction of a turn.

Some explanation may lie in the accuracy of your magnehelic...

I don't have a magnehelic; I used the water method, accuracy is probably 1st digit and order of magnitude.

So I hacked together a quick & dirty manometer, and guess what: 18mm/.71". Accuracy is now a lot better, and, because it's a differential mesurement, it's self compensating for the altitude of Geneva:D.

The sample I mesured is my #2 son's G250C; it has 17 dives since I serviced it last winter, and not a single case of free flow that I know.

Attachments

• Manometer.jpg
    Manometer.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 1,170
A typical sunday morning conversation deep in the heart of the winter:
Me: "Let's go skiing!"
Kids: "Is the powder fresh?"
Me: "Not really, it's from the day before yesterday"
Kids: "We're not going"​
Spoiled brats:D.

Any vacancies in the Geneva Jazz Quartet?

....Speak for yourself. My records are disc shaped, not cylindrical. :D

I don't have a magnehelic; I used the water method, accuracy is probably 1st digit and order of magnitude.

So I hacked together a quick & dirty manometer, and guess what: 18mm/.71". Accuracy is now a lot better, and, because it's a differential mesurement, it's self compensating for the altitude of Geneva:D.

The sample I mesured is my #2 son's G250C; it has 17 dives since I serviced it last winter, and not a single case of free flow that I know.

Manometer tip: A few drops of food coloring in the water makes the manometer a lot easier to read.

Back
Top Bottom