Ranger 44# wing attachment to BP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Horn

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Scott,

I recently attached my Ranger wing to a Back Plate. It is not a zeagle back plate and has slots milled that negate the use of an STA.

The slots were perfect to just pass the clip belt through and attach the wing as it would be on the Ranger. any problem with this? As doubles are bolted on there is no chance the wing can get free.

do you foresee any trouble in this? I just have to get some clips for the wing flaps.

Dive dive dive

Out on the ship now but I can send some when I get home in a few weeks. The BP is an APEKS (sorry Scott) but everything fits like it was made to do so. There are four slots at each location for a single tank band. Esentially you weave the clip band through these slots and you are good to go.

There is a plate hole that lines up nicely to secure the wing flaps and I just need the small clips to fit.

With the doubles secured it is really stream lined. I fed the harness straps through the flaps on the wing and it works great.

If you need to go to single tank all you do is feed the Ranger straps through the slots and off you go. or you can bolt on an STA

Dive dive dive

I've been ding it this way for a long time. I even double them up when I use a redundant wing for back up. I even got extra clips to clip the wings off just like you do on the harness.
Most times now I just use the back plate with my Ranger and find it works great and is more cofortable. I use a butt plate to replace the D rings that would nornaly be on your side.
Works great.

Back
Top Bottom