Rattle Rattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

could be the dive shop, or wether it was a hot or cold fill, and how long it sits before you check it. i have a low pressure tanks and the have a working pressure rating to 2440, last time i had it filled at a quarry it was filled to 3000. my dive buddy has a high pressure tank and he has to make sure he gets his high pressure fills, alot of times he only gets 3000. i seem to get more whenthey put my tanks in a bath while filling.
have you been going to the same place for fills?

mweitz:
What determines how much of a fill you get? I have had 2700 to 3200 PSI fills. Is it just a matter of how long they take to do it?

Thanks again!

Mark

Unless a tank is filled very slowly or in a running water bath, it will always lose pressure as it cools. The higher the fill pressure, the more the loss (usually). In order to get a good fill, the tank has to be allowed to cool, then is topped off. Or you overfill to compensate (not a good choice with alum tanks).

MD

Back to the loose valve tube - I just got a new Thermo valve, which came with the tube separate. Should the tube be installed with Loctite or torqued to a specific rating to avoid having it work loose?

KeS

I do not recommned using lock tight or any other adhesive inside a tank due to potential O2 compatibility or toxicity issues.

Just make sure it is installed a little beyond finger tight using a set of vice grip pliers. The technically vauge term is "tool tight" which you essentially achieve with a gentle tug on the tool after the part is finger tightened.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom