Raymond Owens - 10/28/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison

Trusty Shellback
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
It is with great sadness that I report the passing of Ray Owens, one of the nicest guys I've ever met. This is the note from his wife:
My husband, Ray, and I have been on a cruise to Belize since Sunday the 23rd. Yesterday he went on a scuba dive off the coast of Belize and at the end of the last dive, he was on his way back to the boat, as it had been told to me, and he experienced some sort of problem causing him to go unconscious. He was retrieved from the waters, CPR was given but he never recovered. Ray died. I am trying to get his body back to Alabama ASAP. Your prayers are appreciated.
Prayers are aloft for Ray's family.
Sadly,
Rick

Last edited:
Sorry to here of this friend of yours, just so many recently and it really is sad each day i see post of this. Hope all goes well for family.

Ray is a total gentleman. Our prayers and our thoughts go to his wife Victoria. Let's hope that the repatriation of his remains went smoothly.

Rick, I'm so sorry - he was one of your students, right? Please do let us know as you get more information, as long as Ray's wife is OK with you sharing it.

Thanks,
Trish

So sorry to hear this -- condolences to friends and family.

Ray Owens memorial service will be on Monday, November 7th at 2:00 p. m. at Alabama Heritage Funeral Home in Montgomery

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom