Razor 2 + Hydration Bladder

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

djcheburashka

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Question is best way to rig the bladder to the razor.

Today trying it out the first time, I tied a bungie in a loop around a strap on the mbp, then quick-linked that to the bottom hoe of the bladder. I attached the top of the bladder to a hole in the webbing that connects the wing to the delta thingy. Than I ran the hose up the right shoulder strap, using inner tube slices, and over to tuck under the inflator hose next to the tube for the redundant bladder.

This *worked*, but it was kind of annoying to connect and disconnect. Also I don't like quick links. But the bladder obviously has to get attached and reattached each dive. I can't think of a way to do it with bolt snaps where they aren't too long.

Is there a better way? I thought about hanging it off the back like the expandable pouch, but I'm thinking it would get banged around and open up too easily.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My husband usually just hangs his camelback off his tank, drink straw over the shoulder with a bit of bungee, I think he may have a strap around the tank to keep things tidy.

Question is best way to rig the bladder to the razor.

Today trying it out the first time, I tied a bungie in a loop around a strap on the mbp, then quick-linked that to the bottom hoe of the bladder. I attached the top of the bladder to a hole in the webbing that connects the wing to the delta thingy. Than I ran the hose up the right shoulder strap, using inner tube slices, and over to tuck under the inflator hose next to the tube for the redundant bladder.

This *worked*, but it was kind of annoying to connect and disconnect. Also I don't like quick links. But the bladder obviously has to get attached and reattached each dive. I can't think of a way to do it with bolt snaps where they aren't too long.

Is there a better way? I thought about hanging it off the back like the expandable pouch, but I'm thinking it would get banged around and open up too easily.

Sorry, I have not yet tried a hydration bladder + Razor. The DSS Hydration bladder is of course designed for use with conventional back mounted doubles. I'll have to think about it.

Tobin

Please let me know what you think. It doesn't perform badly as I rigged it but it's a pain to connect and disconnect and I think the attachment points will wear over time.

If anyones curious, I ended up putting some holes on the razor t-weight thingy and attaching the hydration bladder with book screws. Works unless I need to actually add weight.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom