Re-sizing pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hammerhead

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Is there an easy way to re-size a large number of pics for posting on here? I know I can go one-by-one using MS paint, but there must be an easier way.

I also have Adobe Lightroom and CS3 at my disposal, but I'm too lazy to use them most of the time.

Any help greatly appreciated.

If you are using XP, you can use "Image Resizer" which is a great little program. I understand it is not available for Vista!

Resizer

Just scroll down the page until you find it.

I would, of course, be using Vista *sigh*

Oh well, keep 'em coming. Right now I'm uploading full 10mp imges to photobucket and re-sizing there, it's just painfully slow.

I think the pics are worth it though, I just got back from South Africa and the Sardine Run and the place is so gorgeous that you can't really mess up with a camera, no matter how little talent you have!

For example...

003.jpg

If you have lightroom or Photoshop you can export a bunch of photos at once. When you export, you can choose the output resolution and format, so you can optimize all your photos for the web.

If you have Office and PictureManager on your computer you an use that. Just highlight all the pics you want to resize and choose a preset size ( I use 'document small' for web viewing)

Irfanview would be ideal for what you want to do. It is freeware and it is pretty easy to use.

IrfanView - Official Homepage

I would also suggest you look into the batch conversion function of irfanview. You can get there using File > Batch conversion > rename. Using this feature you can resize and/or rename a group of photos. You'll need to select the advanced options if you wish to resize a group of pictures.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom