Reading the Dive Organizer Database

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bogrady

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I’m trying to read the Dive Organizer database with one of the many open source SQL readers out there.

Seems that Mares has encrypted the database to prevent us from reading our own data!

Come on guys – the software may be yours, but the computer and the dive data is MINE!

If you think I’m smart enough to be trusted with a mixed gas decompression computer, don’t you think I’m smart enough to analyze my own dive data?

How do I unlock the database so I can read MY DATA so I can analyze MY DIVES with my own algorithms?

I’m trying to read the Dive Organizer database with one of the many open source SQL readers out there.

Seems that Mares has encrypted the database to prevent us from reading our own data!

I hear ya buddy! I would like to print my dives in a bulk report to verify to my instructor that I have the total requisite dives to meet my master diver requirements. Was hoping to open the DBF file in MS-Access, but not recognisale.
Strangley, the current flavour of Dive Organizer has an export feature other than the backup, which implies you can send all your dive data to a some other format, but instead it creates a zipped copy of your firmware (??).

Mares, please fix this. It is very reasonable that we need to present the data to some other medium.

I hear ya buddy! I would like to print my dives in a bulk report to verify to my instructor that I have the total requisite dives to meet my master diver requirements. Was hoping to open the DBF file in MS-Access, but not recognisale.
Strangley, the current flavour of Dive Organizer has an export feature other than the backup, which implies you can send all your dive data to a some other format, but instead it creates a zipped copy of your firmware (??).

Mares, please fix this. It is very reasonable that we need to present the data to some other medium.

I agree! There should be a possibility to export at least the dive list to standards suchs as CSV or txt.
Namako, if you are interested to get a very comfortable, well equipped dive log program google for "divinglog 5" and take a look. It's price is about 35 € but it is worth. (no, I'm not the manufacturer)
It is able to import directly the IconHD/NetReady data such as of many other computer brands and also sync with smart phone.

Uli

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom