Rebuilding manifold

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Greaves

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Im rebuilding my double manifold.. What lube should I put on the threads of the internal valve parts? Im guessing o-ring grease will work fine..

I just very lightly lubed the threads with Cristo-lube. I assume you're trying to keep it O2 clean for blending?

I just very lightly lubed the threads with Cristo-lube. I assume you're trying to keep it O2 clean for blending?

No blending, they are my backgas tanks so the max they will see is 36%.. Since its only 36% will normal o-ring grease work then?

As long as it's pre blended and not Partial Pressure nitrox mixing, you should be fine. If you intend to ever have Partial Pressure mixing done, you should only use O2 safe lube.

Im rebuilding my double manifold.. What lube should I put on the threads of the internal valve parts? Im guessing o-ring grease will work fine..

Christolube on internal o rings. Not much. Just enough to prevent pinching. Nothing on anything else including threads. Regardless how or where the 36% gets blended why would you introduce silicone grease into any part of the system?

I agree with using christolube rather than silicone grease. It is a better lubricant and will not limit your gas blending options later.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom