Rec Triox: Desperately trying to take diving to a new level :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S.:
Anybody who thinks GUE turns out brain-dead clone divers should have been there for this lecture. Far from dogma, the emphasis was that there ARE different theories and models, different ways of looking at how gases behave in physiologic systems, and quite possibly none of them is really "correct".

I find it really interesting that decompression isn't a completely solved problem yet, and the diving community still has things to contribute. People have been diving on compressed air for what, about 50 years now? Before I started diving I would have assumed that the Navy had figured it out for us to five nines, but that's obviously not the case. Interesting stuff.

A wee bit longer than 50 years, more like just a little over a 100. :wink:

Not self contained, but they were still bending people (and goats) left and right back then.

Did I miss it, or was there no mention of freezing?

No freezing!

I told Steve at the end of the class that I learned from showing baby horses that, when you are going into something where you know you aren't going to do very well, you should set yourself some realistic goals you CAN achieve so you don't feel like a complete failure. My realistic goals for Rec Triox were NOT to be the person who made the team get out of the water, either because I was cold or because I needed to pee, and I did not want to blow any stops. And by gum, I met those goals!

Good report Lynne :)

Thank you all, but there really aren't any congratulations in order. I took the class and survived the experience, but we didn't finish, and we certainly didn't pass. But again, like Fundies, it's not so much passing or not passing as it is learning. And some of what you learn is what you can't yet do, although you don't actually learn how to do it. You go off and work at it, and it comes bit by bit.

BTW, I need to tell Rick Inman that one of the things I got a "4" on was my back kick!

That was an excellent read. I have been looking forward to your class report. :)

TSandM:
Thank you all, but there really aren't any congratulations in order. I took the class and survived the experience, but we didn't finish, and we certainly didn't pass. But again, like Fundies, it's not so much passing or not passing as it is learning. And some of what you learn is what you can't yet do, although you don't actually learn how to do it. You go off and work at it, and it comes bit by bit.

BTW, I need to tell Rick Inman that one of the things I got a "4" on was my back kick!

Why Rec Triox? Just for fun or something? why not just normoxic trimix? I don't quite get the purpose of rec triox, keep in mind I'm not DIR and thats probably why.

FIXXERVI6:
Why Rec Triox? Just for fun or something? why not just normoxic trimix? I don't quite get the purpose of rec triox, keep in mind I'm not DIR and thats probably why.

For dives within the 80-100 foot mark when you know that you are going to be more task loaded/oriented and want/need to have a clear head.

Great report, Lynne. Thank you.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom