Recent experience with Delta Customer Service...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Original Message to Delta:

PERSONAL INFORMATION:

Name: Mr Peter Murray
Email Address : NetDoc@ScubaBoard.com
SkyMiles Number:

COMMENT DETAILS:

Email about Past/Future travel: Current and Future
Nature of Comment: Complaint Concern
Email Pertaining to: Flight_Delay_Cancellation
Email about Other topic:

Comments:

Please... I was booked on FLight 1306 out of MCO @ 6:30am and FLight 1917 out of Atlanta for an IMPORTANT conference in Texas. No one is answering your phones and you called me to say it was cancelled. Booking the next day is NOT an option for me!

Would you like a reply to your e-mail?:yes

FLIGHT 1:

Flight Number : 1306
Date : 02/12/2010
Departure City : MCO
Ticket Number : 006-

FLIGHT 2:

Flight Number :
Date :
Departure City :
Ticket Number : 006-

BAGGAGE:

Baggage concern category:
Baggage Ref. # :

Their reply:

Dear Mr. Murray,

Thank you for your e-mail to Delta Air Lines.

We apologize that you had to wait when you called us. Our Reservation
Sales department is experiencing very high call volume due to severe
weather.

Prompt telephone answering is critical in our business, and we recognize
that any delay can be frustrating. The number of telephone calls we
receive is carefully monitored so that we can take the necessary steps
to prevent the problem you described.

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to a schedule
change. We have reviewed your reservations and there has been a schedule
change to your original itinerary.

Whenever there is even a minor schedule change, the original ticket has
to be revalidated. Until the reservation is updated to reflect the
changes, any seats associated with the flight will show as "not
confirmed" even though the seat numbers may not have changed.

In order to revalidate your ticket and to check your options available,
please contact our Reservation Sales Department at 800-221-1212,
404-765-5000, or the number on the back of your SkyMiles card. A
representative will be glad to assist you.

Again, thank you for writing. We appreciate your selection of Delta and
will always welcome the opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,

Sharon Nicoles
Online Customer Support Desk
http://www.delta.com

My response:

For what it's worth...

This cancellation cost me valuable business and distress. I tried for over 24 hours to get through, but it was constantly busy. All I got was a cryptic phone message cancelling the flight and putting me on one that would have me arrive AFTER the Texas Dive Show. You should have sent an e-mail blast with this information with some options and not JUST the automated phone call.

Now, missing the show did cost me business, but not nearly as much as the time I wasted trying in vain to contact someone about my flight. I have been increasingly upset with the state of Air Travel as of late, and this is just another example of poor, poor planning and execution.

Pete "NetDoc" Murray
717 Executive Dr, Winter Park Fl, 32789

Their next response:

From: Delta OnlineSupport [mailto:Delta.OnlineSupport@delta.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 12:07 AM
To: Pete "NetDoc" Murray
Subject: RE: Flight_Delay_Cancellation - Current and Future 1306 02/12/2010 (KMM31797225I120L0KM)

Dear Mr. Murray,

Thank you for contacting us through delta.com. We are sorry for the
delay in responding to your message.

We sincerely regret your disappointment. Excellent customer service is
key and your comments and observations are helpful in ensuring we
maintain our goal of providing this level of service. We will make
every effort to prevent anything similar from happening again. Please
accept our apology for the poor impression, and we welcome further
opportunities to be of service.

We apologize that you had to wait when you called us. Our Reservation
Sales department is experiencing very high call volume due to severe
weather.

We ask for your patience while you continue to contact Domestic
Reservations at 800-221-1212 or International Reservations at
800-241-4141.

Based on the information in your message, we are unable to assist via
e-mail. Our telephone representatives will better assist you with
questions regarding your tickets.

Your selection of Delta is appreciated, and we will always do our best
to merit your confidence and support.

Sincerely,

Joseph Gray
Online Customer Support Desk
http://www.delta.com

Now my last response:

So you couldn't answer the phone when I needed you, and you can't help me through E-Mail either. Wow. That's a new low in Customer Service.

While I rather doubt you have time for it, I have started a discussion about this here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ge...recent-experience-delta-customer-service.html

Pete “NetDoc” Murray
717 Executive Dr, Winter Park Fl, 32789
(407) 745-1516

Last edited:
Phone lines to India must have been down.
There is no thing such as customer service, that is long dead.

I was trying to sell my RV, but I think I may keep it the way the airlines are going.

Delta has been THE worst to deal with since the merger. My last conversation with them I made them a New Years wish, that they may be bankrupt within the year. Thats how bad their service has become. I have vowed to never fly Delta, or book another ticket on their airline. I feel for ya.

My son was traveling from the Virgin Islands to Chicago thru Atlanta last Saturday, when they got to Atlanta most of the ticket agents and plenty of other employess didn't show up for work due to a snow storm, they said. He wound up having to stay the night and got home on Sunday, and that was on Delta too. He hates Atlanta and Delta, kind of an equal opportunity travel hater? Travel is bad enough, but winter travel is a donkey kick to the family jewels.

In the words of my son, "the whole world sucks!"

Pete,
If you were trying to fly during "Snowmegeddon" I am not surprised at the cancellation. I was reading an article today which stated that new rules went in to effect in January where airlines are being fined $25,000 per passenger for any flights held on the tarmac for over 3 hrs. A result of this sction is that airlines would rather cancel a flight with short notice than pay a fine which could be astronomical dependent on the number of passengers on the flight. Airlines do not give a rip about your baggage or your business. They only believe in the bottom line because they know you may be justiflibly pissed but they know you will be back. I love the "Robo Answers" it is like they never even read your compliant. Delta does suck and I aviod them like the plague.

Jim

Welcome to my world Pete,

Every since Delta took over Northwest, it has been a nightmare. I fly about 75k a year now verses over a 100k previously. In the old days, I would fly if any meeting was over 3 hours drive away. Now anything within 5 hours I drive, just so I don't have to deal with Delta.

As an elite we use to have a great help phone line, now it is awful. In the past, we flew exclusively Northwest, now I allow my saleman to fly whatever they want to fly. I will avoid Delta whenever possible, but being in MSP, I am somewhat stuck if I want to fly non stop.

While I understand weather had a lot to do with this, this is the exact reason why I try not to fly any American owned airlines. I concur on the Northwest/Delta Merger. I also fly a lot and Northwest was for the most part decent to deal with decent service and lots of perks for elite mileage status. Since Delta took over, wow is all I can say. It matters little.

It is amazing on how I can pay less, get better service and more flight selections on foreign owned carriers. Oh and baggage is free (generally) and you can generally have more poundage in your bags too.

I love America and serve my country but we really need to take a lesson from overseas companies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom