Recent GUE Fundamentals video Honolulu

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did GUE Instructor Steve have you guys run caveline and donate as the Reel Man to a teammate? Jo relentlessly drilled that scenario at me during the Advanced Wreck Class (i.e. you had to donate and switch to back-up reg all with the Right Hand, and simultaneously control/keep line tension on the Reel with your Left . . .difficult to juggle at first, without dropping the Reel or causing a bird's nest entanglement).

¡Way to Geevum!

You don't run line in Fundies. Most people have enough trouble without it :)

Fundies in Hawaii is cheating. It's only Fundies if you're wrapped in drysuit, undergarments, pounds of lead, and have to take your mask off in water colder than the ice cream in the chowder place. You guys have to do it over . . . :D

You don't run line in Fundies. Most people have enough trouble without it :)

Fundies in Hawaii is cheating. It's only Fundies if you're wrapped in drysuit, undergarments, pounds of lead, and have to take your mask off in water colder than the ice cream in the chowder place. You guys have to do it over . . . :D

I thought it was just a given that everyone had to do it over. I think Hawaii would be a great place...and then have to go back for a re-check...oh darn!

You guys all looked great! Inspiring.

Sweet! Brings back some memories... recent ones! I'm surprised they allowed so much of the class to be videoed, although it was edited down to pretty small bits so perhaps that's ok. I would have wanted to record my own class!

I do agree with Lynne, though... wetsuits and no gloves just seems like cheating. :wink:

You all looked great, though. Did everyone (or anyone?) pass?

Hah, fundies in the Philippines is the best. :D Warm, clear water, 3mm wetsuit, no hood, no gloves... Well, we did have to deal with the surf though; hard to stay in place when the surf is moving you back and forth; at least that was my excuse for being all over the marked square during valve drills... The instructor was of course immune to the surf's effects (maybe he used a mini-backkick to stay put).

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom