Recomendations for Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bug man

Registered
Reaction score
Ok i need some help here im looking for a dive computer...i am a rec diver that needs a air/nitrox compatiable dive comp...ive looked at a few and just wondering which ones are the best bang for the buck.....thanks

Oceanic VersaPro is a good one. Nitrox compatible, small, easy to use, etc. Oceanic, Aeris, and Sherwood computers are all made by Pelagic, so for instance the Aeries Atmos 2 and the Oceanic VersaPro are basically the same computer functionally. Give Larry at ScubaToys and call, he can hook you up and answer any questions you have.

I guess this depends on what you want. (air integrated, wrist or console, etc.)

But I've been happy with my Genesis React Pro (nitrox). It's a console computer,
but you can wrist or hose mount it also.

Some fo the features I really like about it are:
* It time/date stamps each dive, so I can figure out later which dive it is.
I didn't realize how nice this was until I switched to this computer.
* You can tell it to stay on the same nitrox setting instead of resetting to 50%
* It stores more than 10 dives that my old computer held. I think it holds 50.
* two buttons make it MUCH easier to use
* It has an automatic 3 minute saftey stop timer.
* Its got a PC download feature if wanted/needed.

Using Suunto Vyper now. Love the user interface. easy to navigate thru the menus. easy to read underwater. Highly recommended.

Using Oceanic Atom. Enjoy it alot. Oceanic computers are on the liberal side of the comparative table. If you prefer more conservative ones, take a look at Suunto and UWATEC.

Would recommend to also consider service as computers do fail so you never know when you need them.

I use a suunto Moquito. Only done 7 dives with it, but I like th einterface, the download capability, and that I can use it as a watch (if a slightly unnatractive one) when I'm topside.

Z...

suunto vyper, computer itself is excellent, download software is kludgy, but useable...

nice big screen, all the info you need in one place in big letters..tough as nails..i love mine

I have a UWATEC Aladdin Pro Nitrox.
Exactly the same as Aladdin Pro, but you can change O2 %.
Good, reliable, tested. Gives you O2 toxicity alarm at PP 1.5.
It has CNS% indicator
ciao

Personally, I use an UWATEC SmartCom AI... But my wife uses the Aeris Atmos 2 wrist computer. Her Atmos is resonably priced... Does Nitrox, and has a lot of customizied settings that you can play with. We picked hers up on sale for $289... Making it "cheap" by computer standards...

I have a an Aeris Atmos AI and am very happy with it. It does nitrox, dive planning, dive simulation, is air-integrated, with a top-mounted compass. Think I paid about $639 for it.

I'll echo a previous poster and tell you to call Larry at scubatoys. They'll hook you up.

--'Goose

Back
Top Bottom