Recomendations for on-line visa application

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rongoodman

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm going to the Red Sea in March on the Red Sea Aggressor and decided to get my visa before I left in order to save some time on arrival. The Egyptian government has a portal, Request Rejected, which only charges $25, the actual cost of the visa. However, I can't get more than a couple of pages into the process before I get errors stopping the whole thing, such as "invalid format" for my address, with no clue as to what they want to see. Does anybody have recommendations for other sites which are more reliable. I'm not averse to paying a reasonable service fee in order to get this done and out of the way. Thanks.

Some progress being made at the above portal. It turns out it doesn't like carriage returns in the address.

It wasn't very difficult or time consuming to pay $25 in the airport, I have done it twice

Reactions: Zef
I made it to the payment. Let's see if I hear from them in a few days. The web site is definitely hinky.

Here's hoping The Brothers will be open to diving again by the time I get there. In the thread about the shark incidents people are speculating mid-March.

I'm going to the Red Sea in March on the Red Sea Aggressor and decided to get my visa before I left in order to save some time on arrival. The Egyptian government has a portal, Request Rejected, which only charges $25, the actual cost of the visa. However, I can't get more than a couple of pages into the process before I get errors stopping the whole thing, such as "invalid format" for my address, with no clue as to what they want to see. Does anybody have recommendations for other sites which are more reliable. I'm not averse to paying a reasonable service fee in order to get this done and out of the way. Thanks.

any reason to not get a passport other than the cost? it doesnt take much time perhaps 2-3 weeks now. My renewal took a week,, but that was a renewal. You can not get a passport on line but you can do all the renewal forms on line print it out and mail it with a wallgreens passport photo.

A visa is required in some countries in addition to a passport in order to enter and stay in the country. You must have a valid passport in order to apply. Egypt is the first place I've run across a requirement for one. They require a signed medical release in order to dive there too.

The site in your link works, its slow and it takes a few weeks but it works.
I know several people who use it.

But to get a visum in the AirPort only takes a few minutes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom