Recommend (Small) Primary Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rthorntn

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

What a very helpful bunch you are, please help if you can.

I'm looking for a light, a single unit, lightweight, not a canister light, powerful Cree LED(s), 3-4 18650 batteries, multiple brightness levels, most of the power in the centre beam, simple design, should be able to mount on a Goodman or a helmet, budget is U$400, available in Australia...

Thanks.

Richard

You are looking for a Dive Rite LX20. I have one that's been working great for almost 50 dives. I think they are coming out with a new Delrin body version, so you might be able to get close to that $400 range if you shop around.

I have not dove the Big Blue lights, but they seem to be highly regarded. I think they have a version that would meet your needs to.

The Bigblue TL3100P is the frontrunner right now, the AL1200NP is very similar to a backup I already have and the LX20 is just too expensive.

The Bigblue TL3100P is the frontrunner right now, the AL1200NP is very similar to a backup I already have and the LX20 is just too expensive.

I also have the TL3100P. It's by no means a "small" light in my book when compared to something like the Sea Dragon Mini 600 or even the 1200NP.. Have you seen the 3100 in person yet? Is that about the size you are looking for? Just wanted to make sure. :)

I also have the TL3100P. It's by no means a "small" light in my book when compared to something like the Sea Dragon Mini 600 or even the 1200NP.. Have you seen the 3100 in person yet? Is that about the size you are looking for? Just wanted to make sure. :)

Thanks, it is about the size i'm looking for, I want a non canister primary that is a step up from a backup single emitter/battery torch (I have a few of those already). I'm very interested in your opinion of it?

Thanks, it is about the size i'm looking for, I want a non canister primary that is a step up from a backup single emitter/battery torch (I have a few of those already). I'm very interested in your opinion of it?

I love it! It's a great light. Another member turned me to it and I'm really happy with it. I've traveled with it. The most recent night dives with it was in Indonesia. The DMs thought I was lighting up all of Indonesia with it. :) Even with cold water gloves on, it's easy to turn on and off. I like the battery indicator and it's easy to change out batteries and charge. I don't have anything bad to say about it! :) It comes with a neoprene and hard goodman handle as well.

One of my dive buddies has the 3100P. I liked it so much, I bought one. Too me, very comfortable and easy to operate on the Goodman glove. I really bought it specifically preparing to dive the Cooper River.

My dive buddy that turned me on to is actually getting ready to buy a second one he likes it so much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom