Recommendation for diving in Indonesia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkornfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Early August 2016. I'm going to meet my 19 year old son . I'm coming from China and he from USA. We only have 7-8 days + travel time. Looking for the right spot that is easy enough to get in and out of. Komodo or Sulawesi or Wakatobi or Mojo Island. We have advanced certifications but it has been 1 1/2 years since we have dove. We have over 80 dives (Belieze (twice), Tahiti, Conzumel (twice), Honduras, Panama, Florida, Red Sea)... Thanks

Sulawesi is a good option. Easy flight from Singapore (or Jakarta or Bali) then you have the easy choice of Bunaken - wall diving or Lembeh - macro. Both are world class and you can go to both places with the time you've got.

Sulawesi, Lembeh, Komodo are good. But even in Tulamben (Bali) it is possible to have good mac dives)

Early August 2016. I'm going to meet my 19 year old son . I'm coming from China and he from USA. We only have 7-8 days + travel time. Looking for the right spot that is easy enough to get in and out of. Komodo or Sulawesi or Wakatobi or Mojo Island. We have advanced certifications but it has been 1 1/2 years since we have dove. We have over 80 dives (Belieze (twice), Tahiti, Conzumel (twice), Honduras, Panama, Florida, Red Sea)... Thanks

We dived Komodo a couple of years ago and it was amazing! We stayed on a small island called 'kanawa' Kanawa island | Welcome to paradise and went over to see the (komodo) dragons. Defo an 'off the grid' type place but an amazing experience. I cant remember how we booked the diving. Might have been through the website or with one of the dive shops on the mainland (Labuan Bajo). You wont be disappointed with the dives. My first Manta sighting!I would also suggest getting over to Sipadan if you can fit it in. Komodo and Sipadan remain my two best dive spots in the world...thus far!

Back
Top Bottom