recommendation on drysuit underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use BARE's CT-200, it has some space age technology which gives you heat when you need it and takes it away when you dont. I guess the austronauts use the same material. It also comes in handy for other purposes. I wore it at the Patriots COLD game under my snowboarding gear and stayed amazingly warm throughout the whole game!

Heimdall:
I've been using Diving Concepts in very cold water for a few years and it's worked very well. Especially for those with problems with flexibility (reaching valves) it's a godsend:

Lots of divers around here (Chicago, water in the 30's & 40's, rarely in the 50's) swear by Weezke, although I haven't tried it (yet):

And Soft Wear has been getting good reviews. I may try it but I'm not certain that it's warm enough for my area:

Is that Uncle Pug on the front page for SoftWear? I know he wears the stuff..

jonnythan:
Is that Uncle Pug on the front page for SoftWear? I know he wears the stuff..

I think that's his evil twin ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I am thinking about getting my boyfriend this undergarment, but you didn't say how cold you've dove in it? Will it stay toasy in 45 degree water?

diver101:
I use BARE's CT-200, it has some space age technology which gives you heat when you need it and takes it away when you dont. I guess the austronauts use the same material. It also comes in handy for other purposes. I wore it at the Patriots COLD game under my snowboarding gear and stayed amazingly warm throughout the whole game!

DUI 400g keeps me warm for over 1Hour in 37f water i dont even have to pump air in the suit

When I started diving I used a Bare 200 gram thinsulate. I was always cold once the water was colder than 55F. Then I bought a Weezle Extreme PLUS, and I've never been cold anymore, not even after diving for 60 minutes plus in 40F. You have to put some air in the suit though, so count on 2 to 4 pounds extra compared to standard thinsulate suits.

As always, YMMV.

Steven

tomboytoo:
OK, thanks for the information, it was really helpful.
I did not know what to get to travel north in British colombia.
I followed scubaboards members suggestions and used a 2 pieces softwear 300g. Protection was perfect for a week in british colombia: water temp 46F, 45mn dives.
Actually my hands were getting cold but i had only 3mm gloves and should have got 5mm or may be 7mm (I do not know if that exist and if it is supple)
The same underwear is fine too in 54F water.

Thank you for your help

bernard

Never seen 7mm gloves, thickest ive seen is 5mm and my hands get cold even in those despite the rest of me being warm.

Im looking at 3 finger mitts as a solution as these are meant to be much nicer.

As far as undersuit goes i wear the same one in water from 6c up to 17c. Ive never overheated on a dive. Its a Weezle Extreme.

String:
Never seen 7mm gloves, thickest ive seen is 5mm and my hands get cold even in those despite the rest of me being warm.

Im looking at 3 finger mitts as a solution as these are meant to be much nicer.

As far as undersuit goes i wear the same one in water from 6c up to 17c. Ive never overheated on a dive. Its a Weezle Extreme.

Is it difficult to manipulate gear or camera with 3 finger mitts?

Thanks

bernard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom