recommendation on drysuit underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Id imagine hand signals and so on are odd to start with but normally my hands are so cold and numb i cant manipulate even my BC straps or any small buttons anyway. With 5mm gloves i have no dexterity at all after 30 minutes.

Users say they take some getting used to certainly.

laazur:
Is it difficult to manipulate gear or camera with 3 finger mitts?
You actually have better dexterity with a 3-finger mitt than with a glove of the same thickness material.
The mitt doesn't have all the extra material on the sides of the fingers that has to go into tension & compression.
I can go 4 hours in 28° water & my hands come out toasty.
Once you get used to them, you'll love 'em.

laazur:
Is it difficult to manipulate gear or camera with 3 finger mitts?

Thanks

bernard

In my experience, it's difficult to manipulate yer own butt with 3-finger mitts. <g>

IMO the secret to warm gloves is getting a pair with a decent cinch on the wrist in order to minimize water flow. I like the "deep see" ones. (I think mine are 5 mil.) At 37f I'm actually loosening the cinch from time to time because my hands are overheating. HIH doole

Back
Top Bottom