Recommendations for Dive Op and Accomodation in West Palm Beach Area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nivek Llekots

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi All,

I'm a DM working in Curacao and am looking to make a two week trip in the second half of August to the West Palm Beach Area of Florida. I will be traveling with my wife who is a non diver and would like some recommendations on which dive op to use and where to stay.

As I say I'm a nitrox certified DM with more than 1500 dives in the last five years, so if possible I would like to do some of the more advanced dives in the area, preferably with the best chance of seeing some of the bigger creatures, we have loads of macro stuff here in Curacao.

With regards to accommodation we would prefer a one bedroom apartment type place, preferably with a swimming pool, not to far from a good dive op, and within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Ideally we would like something in the $100 per night price bracket.

Any tips on restaurants and things to do in the area would be much appreciated, we will be renting a car for part of our stay, so anything great to do a little further away is also possible.

I know it's a lot to ask, but any tips will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nivek

One of the best places to find big stuff is in Jupiter and Juno, which are about 15 miles north of West Palm Beach. While not every dive is exactly like this video, you do tend to see a lot of goliath grouper, turtles and sharks in Jupiter: you can see all those in WPB too, but I've found you are far more likely to see them in Jupiter. Here's some goliath grouper http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ZT8K7kYz0&feature=channel

I dive often with Jupiter Dive Center and think they are the best. Jupiter Dive Center.

I've also been out with Narcosis: they are based in North Palm Beach, but have a fast boat and often head north to the Juno area. Scuba Diving West Palm Beach Florida with Narcosis Dive Charters

I've never been out with the following operator, but many other SB'ers have.... from what folks have told me, this op really likes more experienced divers on his boat: so this might be up your alley. Again, I don't know this from first hand knowledge, only what I've been told. Emerald Charters: scuba diving jupiter

This is another local operator in Jupiter: I've shopped at their store, but have never been out with their boat. Scuba Works http://scubaworks.com/?page_id=122

Can't really help on the accomodations, but here are a couple of fun places to eat:

Guanabanas

Tiki Waterfront Sea Grille, Riviera Beach - Restaurant Reviews - TripAdvisor

In downtown WPB, there are several places on Clematis and Datura Streets that are fun places

Welcome to E.R. Bradley's
Rocco's Tacos

There are also several nightclubs on Clematis that don't open until fairly late in the evening if you enjoy that sort of thing.

If you like museums: here are a couple.....
Norton Museum of Art | Welcome
Flagler Museum

Jupiter Light house is interesting; it has a great view from the top. Jupiter Inlet Lighthouse and Museum

If your wife likes shopping, head to Worth Avenue on Palm Beach island.
Worth Avenue

Little Deeper Charters in WP are really great. There are alot of motels on 45th St. which is near the boats in WP, or Singer Island is on the other side of the Intercoastal waterway

I'll go along with Sportster. If you want the best opportunity to see larger animals, you want Jupiter/Juno. As for places to stay I'll throw a few options out there. I can't post links so you'll have to google.

Juno beach holiday inn express. South end of Jupiter a couple hundred feet from the beach. Juno beach Fish House is on site and they are across from from variouse restaurants and shops. (strip centers). I believe they have suites.

Jupiter best western on the intracoastal. No suites but on the beautiful Jupiter Riverwalk which when completed will run the length of the town over and along the intracoastal. The walkway takes you to shops and restaurants of The Jupiter Yacht Club and RiverWalk center. Jupiter dive center actuall has a small shop and operates a small boat out of the Dive Bar Restaraunt at the Yacht Club.

Jupiter reef Club. Right on the ocean. It's a time share so all suites. While all places have pools, this one also has a spa. Cooking facilities in side, but also nice large built in gas grills around the grounds. Daily rates bust your budget unless you rent by the week. Google and check the website .

Coming soon: Harbourside Place.

Pura Vida Divers is a great op to use if you want to stay in the WPB area. They have a full service shop on Singer Island and have their own boat that takes a max of 12 divers. They also have several deals going with local hotel/motels on Singer Island...I'm sure they could help you find something in your budget. Plus, if you're interested in diving the Blue Heron Bridge at all, they are literally 5 blocks away. You can find them at www.puravidadivers.com.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom