Recommendations for Komodo LOB Provider

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Dear all,

I am super new to the forum and to diving in general, although I have the privilege of living in one of earth's great diving paradise: Indonesia.

I am planning a trip with a few friends sometime in December, my preliminary research seemed to point out that for that particular month Komodo and Raja Ampat are actually the best diving spots to visit. I've taken my Advanced Certification last year and am currently at around 30 logged dives. I've dived in a few sites around Indonesia: Menado, Derawan, P Seribu and Lombok.

I would really appreciate the personal recommendation for LOB providers of anyone who's dived in Komodo, which one is the best value for money. Please don't hesitate to PM me.

Much Thanks!

JH

Hi there

In December it is the rainy season in Komodo and most of the liveaboards have moved to Raja Ampat. We went with Black Manta last December and it was superb. There may be some boats in Komodo then , but I wouldn't recommend Indonesia in the wet season....loads of rain before the trip on the Gilis and after on Nusa Lembongan.

There will be some very strong currents and challenging conditions , you may want to consider getting more experience to get the most out of Raja Ampat or Komodo.

Hi John. Tippy is in the mark. Both dive areas are remote and with more experience you will get way more out of the diving. Both areas can be challenging with strong currents and experienced divers that want to explore deep blue water. Consider a high quality dive centre in Bali. Last season was excellent in the Similans (a region I would not typically recommend), with numerous manta and whale sharks.

We would always recommend Blue Marlin Komodo, they are a Livaboard operation and also a Dive Center so they would best suited to matching up your level of certification and experience to suitable dive sites. The manager Kim knows all the dive site conditions and where is more suitable for your timeframe. Kim can be contacted at info@bluemarlinkomodo.com

I love the Dewi Nusantara! Top notch everything!!!

Back
Top Bottom