Recommendations for Stopover hotel in Manado?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you want to be close to the airport then Novotel for sure. The Ritzy does good offers in Agoda and has a pool and is close to the malls etc. Sintesa Penisula has a slightly better breakfast than Ritzy and also has a pool but further from the malls - depends what you want! Other resorts tend to be a bit further away and so would increase your travel time to the airport :)

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Unfortunately, I've just discovered that there's an ASEAN Tourism Forum conference on in Manado on the day we're there - so pretty much all of the hotels mentioned are already booked out.

I've discovered two that still have rooms available: The Minahasa Hotel and the Sutan Raja.
The Sutan Raja looks like a good, 4-star hotel, from the Agoda website - but I'm a little concerned that their own website and email address has been offline for a while (at least a week, and possibly far longer). I've also been unable to reach them by phone.

The Minahasa is only 2-star, but looks quite nice, with a rooftop Pool - and has prices around US$38 for their "Deluxe" rooms.

Does anyone have any experience of these two hotels?

Hey! Booked for 6 nights at the Ritzy...3 on the front of the dive trip and 3 on the end...ANY suggestions where to have a good time:cheers:??
HOLA!

Can't say for a party, but at least go and eat one night at the Raja Sate restaurant, a little further up the supermall and across Pierre Tendean avenue (20mins walk from the Ritzy). Not for nothing it's named the "sate king", if you also accept sometimes drinking non-alcoholic beverages, the avocado juice is simply to die for.

Why would anyone want to spend so much time in Manado when there is such great diving all around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom