Recommended Night Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ntkriced

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi:

I was wondering if there were any Cozumel sites recommended for night diving.

I've dove Paraiso at night a bunch of times and I've always had fun.

Are there any other sites that you have especially enjoyed, and what different things are there to see at the other dive sites? Is there unique topography to see at the other sites?

Are twilight dives a lot different than night dives? What are the different things that you will see on a twilight dive instead of a night dive?

Thanks.

Good morning,
There are many great night dives here in Cozumel. The number really depends on your experience and skill level. Chankanaab is a spectacular night dive. We were there last evening and our guests enjoyed it very much. Octopus, lobster, crab, eel, and we even found a Splendid Toad fish. Tormentos is another. The current can be swift here, but still a fun night.
Our "Twilight" dives are a combination of a late afternoon dive, where after wards we do our surface interval while enjoying fresh fruit and snacks on the boat and watch the sunset. As night approaches we head to the dive site and complete our evening with the full night dive. This is a great way to spend an afternoon. I hope this helps and enjoy your time here on the island.

Hi:

I was wondering if there were any Cozumel sites recommended for night diving.

I've dove Paraiso at night a bunch of times and I've always had fun.

Are there any other sites that you have especially enjoyed, and what different things are there to see at the other dive sites? Is there unique topography to see at the other sites?

Are twilight dives a lot different than night dives? What are the different things that you will see on a twilight dive instead of a night dive?

Thanks.

FWIW, I am not a particular fan of twilight dives. The nighttime critters aren't out yet and everything just looks sort of grayed out because of the low angle of the light. I don't know of anything you will see on a twilight dive that you won't see on either a daylight dive or a night dive.

I love night dives, though. I once got to make a great night dive on Colombia Shallows, but that was an unusual experience.

That's interesting about the twilight dives. Never thought about the angle of the sun's light hitting the water. I always done my snorkeling mid-morning and most scuba for me is early around 8:30-9:30. Never tried a night dive yet, but will definately sign up for some "night dives" when in Coz this October.

Hi ntkriced

We did a 68 minute night dive at Las Palmas with Aldora that was absolutely fantastic

Have never done a twilight dive off Cozumel but have done many other places, often as 2 dive twilight/night dives. It's very interesting to watch the transition from day to night on the reef, twilight gives you a chance to do that. Doing the 2 dives at the same sight allows you to get to know the layout while you can still see and then make a direct comparison on the night dive. I realy enjoy these types of dives.

Good diving, Craig

Chankannab-Shallow with a lot of critters-Eels, big crabs, big lobsters, Goliath grouper. . . Good times!

I like twilight dives. I also find the transition from day to night interesting. One of the best twilight dives was the C-53. The Silversides were swarming (not sure that this is the correct term)on that dive, very cool. We dove Paradise after that. I love Paradise at night, lots of life great things to see.

are night dives the best time to see a splendid toadfish? I really want to see one :D
They're even harder to find at night. There are lots of them out there in the reefs. You just have to look in to a lot of crevices to find them. The easiest way to find one is to find a divemaster that already knows where one is.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom