Red Filter for GoPro Hero 3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Reebok,

Wow, I just read through all of those topics and am really confused here. I see there are three filters.

SRP Dome Filter -
Polar Pro Filter -
Back Scatter Filter -

Can someone give me the strengths and advantages in a simple method for a consumer? I don't understand most of the talk in those threads. A lot of back and forth comparisons, but it is hard for me to determine who is right?

After all that I forgot to mention the red filter I bought.
EelVision | GoPro Accessories
I haven't been able to properly test it for a couple reasons, but I can tell you their customer service is awesome and I highly recommend them on that basis alone. I also bought their antifog strips and didn't have any fog issues.

Filters are a cheap device there is no specific rocket science the three main removable are polarpro $30 backscatter $50 SRP$88
The differences will be small and only visible at the limits where filters become effective (60 feet)

Anyone know if the lens material affects the quality of the video? I notice on polarpro's website they have a side by side comparison, and the corrected video seems to be less sharp than the uncorrected video.

Anyone know if the lens material affects the quality of the video? I notice on polarpro's website they have a side by side comparison, and the corrected video seems to be less sharp than the uncorrected video.

It should not be affected, BUT keep in mind that the filter will let less light into the cameras sensor and at lover light there will be more picturenoise in the video.

As long as the lens is of "optical" quality, they should work well. Acrylic and glass lenses can both be of "optical" quality but one scratches much easier than the other. They sometimes differ slightly in their shades of "red". Some better for shallow, some better at depth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom