Red filter lens on Hero 2. Need info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bowyorang

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've got one of the Hero 2 with Mako lens and I am needing to know how to use the red filter lens on it. I can't figure out how to insert it.... Any help is appreciated!!!

Our filter is just inserted on the inside of the housing and fits flat against the inside of the flat lens.
There are some more instructions on the insertion and removal of the filter on this link:

MAKO Color Correcting Film for GoPro Underwater Cameras

Thanks, but the place I rented it from must have given me a different lens or something... The one that I have has some kind of "tab" on it. Also, it doesn't fit like it is supposed to. When I try to fit it in on the inside it is a bit too big and want to crease the lens... I may have to get me some scissors....

Hey, did you rent it from me? Outdoor Equipment Rentals? If so, the red filters included in the rental are the ones supplied by Mako, so hopefully he can help with some advice on how to make it fit correctly.

I'd obviously be interested as well, as I'd want other renters to not have issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom