Red Sea (Egypt) closed (covid-19 confined)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i was in cozumel in june. first flight out of toronto. it was great. i was in hotel onsite though...as opposed to villa and eating in town etc.

Did you hear any updates about your 2nd trip yet or come up with a solution? I saw that ‘MY Aphrodite‘ and ‘MY Dolce vita’ and apparently sailing from PG on the 15th..also a couple from hurgh...and that’s a quick run up from PG

The Discovery Divers trips are "officially" cancelled. Both sailings. The 8th and 15th. I've been offered a credit. I said I'd like to push for a refund since I'd like to use the money for a different boat. So, it's time to sit and wait for another 24 hours.

PADI travel did tell me that they are going to be writing up a new contract and terms of service with all of their live-aboard companies. Who knows what that will include?

ugh. I would want a credit for the same itinerary at the very least, as opposed to 'credit for funds paid that you can use on another future trip which will now be much more expensive, so you will have to pay the balance'

basically i think that if the boat cancels you should get a full refund. if you cant get there for valid reasons etc, then credit for a future trip should be good.

ugh. I would want a credit for the same itinerary at the very least, as opposed to 'credit for funds paid that you can use on another future trip which will now be much more expensive, so you will have to pay the balance'

basically i think that if the boat cancels you should get a full refund. if you cant get there for valid reasons etc, then credit for a future trip should be good.

I'm exhausted. I'm pretty disgusted that they'd cancel a trip a week before I fly out after I have, literally, hundreds of hours into getting it all organized. There were so many moving parts into organizing this trip.

The same exact itinerary is sailing on April 24th and May 1st back to back and I can get my flights changed easily to those dates - hooray for frequent flier miles. I will lock in the flight dates now, to be on the safe side and, if I can't get a refund, I will see if I can change the boat to those dates with no increase in the cost.

unfortunately it was more likely that some other person/group got cold feet or decided to take advantage of a flexible rebook policy and basically 'jenga-collapsed' it for everyone.

also why i feel that if you can physically get there...you should be one the hook for actually getting there or it's hard cheese for you....so that if they were to cancel, it wouldn't; ruin it for the remaining divers.

also why i feel that if you can physically get there...you should be one the hook for actually getting there or it's hard cheese for you....so that if they were to cancel, it wouldn't; ruin it for the remaining divers.

What you said. All day long.

I've just canceled all of the inter-island flights within Hawaii, the flights to/from Egypt, the hotels between flights on the way there and coming home, the covid-19 testing and still feel as though I am forgetting something. I'll need to get in touch with Egypt Air to try and cancel or re-schedule those flights. I've already spoken to PADI Travel about re-scheduling for April/May and will know if that is good tomorrow. What a pain in the a**.

I am now, officially, re-booked for April 24, 2021 and May 1, 2021. Maybe third time is the charm?

You could.d sneak in a couple of nights at the breakers as well beforehand to do a couple of checkout dives :)

You could.d sneak in a couple of nights at the breakers as well beforehand to do a couple of checkout dives :)

Capital idea!

I am now, officially, re-booked for April 24, 2021 and May 1, 2021. Maybe third time is the charm?

Finally! Congrats for your perseverance. Happy to hear that you've got a solution now. And until April travel may be easyer again.
About the Breakers: be warned, it's addictive...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom