Trip Report Red Sea trip report - Red Sea Aggressor - December 5-12, 2015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
RED_1368(LR6).jpg

The trip report and pictures from our Red Sea adventures are now available for your dining and dancing pleasure:

TRIP REPORT - Red Sea trip report - December, 2015

SMUGMUG PIX & SLIDESHOW - Red Sea 2015 - kenkurtis

Enjoy!!!

- Ken

Brilliant report Ken , thank you so very much for posting. We have done this route a few times and you had fantastic spots whith the hammerheads etc..But when there is a strong wind these sites are hard to cope with on the surface.

Excellent photos too , thanks again.

Thank you for this comprehensive report and beautiful photos. Excellent lighting and colour saturation. I've bookmarked them for future enjoyment.

One question for you ... did you perceive that there was downward pressure on the prices? Given the security threat in Egypt and the region generally, I would expect to see lots of "specials'.

Thanks

GJS

Was not he Red Sea aggressor the week after you and heard about the rough seas you had. We were lucky, it was very calm.

i agree with most of your comments on the boat, but would like to reiterate that the crew were excellent and the food very good (way better than the standard live aboard fare in Egypt).

great detailed trip report !

---------- Post added January 5th, 2016 at 12:12 AM ----------

did you perceive that there was downward pressure on the prices? Given the security threat in Egypt and the region generally, I would expect to see lots of "specials'.

Thanks

GJS

yes we did - For instance we booked the aggressor with 50% discount.

Thanks so much for such a detailed breakdown of your experience. Your report has a answered a lot of questions that I had about diving the Red Sea. If I have gotten the correct impression it seems like you were a bit "underwhelmed" by the quality of dives themselves. If Caribbean offers equal or better reefs than going all the way to Egypt would not make sense other than the big animals we see in your pictures. I would like to hear more about how you would compare Egyptian Red Sea with other places you have been to specially the closer to home ones like Caribbean.

Thanks once again. :coffee:

I would suggest you check out the British company, Blue O2 if you go back,preferably in the summer. Several boats,several iteneraries.

"Look for the Oceanic White Tips" joke 😋

I completely understand you.
In the past, I spent a while traveling in Africa (about two years). It happened that we started this long journey in Kenya's Massai Mara nature reserve, and at the worst time (in terms of animal migration)- so we were constantly looking for lions and couldn't find any for days. So, it became a joke that "there are no lions in Africa".

Then, some day we were just traveling on the road between two small towns, and I had to take a " nature call". We stopped the vehicle, I got to the nearby bushes and started to unbtutton my pants, when a lioness with cubs who were dozing behind the bush got startled by my appearance..

Luckily, I just had my pants on, so I run like hell (must have broken the sprinting-with-pants-half-down world record &#128514:wink: back to the car- the lioness was apparently also scared, she just scrambled the opposite direction, cubs following.

Then, I spent several trips to Elphinstone without seeing a single shark fin. Same joke, same disappointment (yeah, one builds expectations). But when finally the encounter did happen, oh, what an experience!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We used Camel Diving and we were pleased with our experience. They had two very large boats which made kitting up and getting into the water very easy. I do not know if they still use these two large boats given the reduction in tourists.

Have a great time diving.

GJS

Thanks. We are actually on the aggressor for a week. Looking for top side tour info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom