Red Underwater Videography Boot Camp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pre BC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I keep hearing rumors but can't nail down the details about a week long videography bootcamp using the Red both on land and underwater. I don't know about the rest of you, but I would trade my mother-in-law (who l love dearly) for the opportunity to shoot underwater footage with a Red!

Supposedly it is scheduled for sometime in April or May and is being put on by a group that includes experienced TV/documentary directors and cinematographers. Any leads would be greatly appreciated... I can't imagine there will be many slots and I want one of them!!!

Thanks!

P

Wow, Im curious to know where you heard about it...I have not heard about this potential workshop/bootcamp yet. Do you know any names of people that might be involved in it?

Mike:

The guy who mentioned it to me said he heard about it in Hawaii from a tourist who had something to do with the old Animal Planet cable series "the Aquanauts" and who is currently winning a lot of awards on the international film festival circuit for an underwater documentary. That is all he remembered.

He didn't remember the guys name... Apparently he gave him his card and he lost it!

If you or anyone else figures out who, where and when, please post the information... Or, better yet, send me a private message so I can sign up before the mad rush :). Given how expensive the Red Ones and their housings are, I can't imagine there will be many slots for the bootcamp.

P

Steve:

Have you used the Red One for shooting u/w video? If so, how did you handle the sound component?

P

TheBigPhillyFish:

I finally found something on the upcoming Red One bootcamp. If you are interested, go to ProDiveUSA.com and sign up for the newsletter. Issue #2 has a preliminary announcement with very basic details and a "more details to follow" teaser...

I will see you there!

P

This is going to be a nice camp, and an experimental one as well. I was hoping to attend as Luke is a vey good friend of mine and very knowledgeable...however I just got an offer to film for the History Channel the same week...so guess I had to take that so I can chase whales and make money versus spending money. Hahaha

Anyways, its going to be good. The one thing that concerns me is they want to get a large number of attendees...I believe I heard 15-20 was the goal. And to my knowledge they are only going to have 2 or 3 Gates housings there. Being its in Florida, they will likely have an Aqua Video or two as well...perhaps Luke is bringing his Aqua Video for use. Only time will tell. Im just bummed I cant go now. I played with the camera and the Gates Deep Red prototype last week and its a thing of beauty. Easily the most amazingly machined underwater housing design I have seen or used in my 9 years in the industry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom