Redundant Bouancy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vablackwater:
not to be a stickler, but if you are diving 0 vis and have relatively few dives... whatever divemaster is at the quarry (if required) needs to make a better judgement call. if you are diving in conditions where you can't keep track of your buddy, you are probably diving out of your experiance/ training level. 0 vis/ blackwater diving is a whole other can of worms, and there are ways to minimize the risks.

How to respond to this...

Here is a thought I'll pick you up on the way to NC, they tell me there is great vis down there, pay my boarding and diving fees and I'll get all the experience that I need!

Until then, I've got to dive what is close and frankly where I got certified and those are the conditions. I can take them or I can leave them...I'll take them.

Until last week I didn't know what was meant by 100+ foot visibility, or what it was like to be at 110 feet in a swim suit and 82 degree water, or frankly that being warm improved my air consumption by almost 30%.

Yes, I'm sure there are ways to minimize the risks...hence the reason I posted my question in this forum.

But seriously I've gotta dive what is close and what is close isn't the best and that is where I'm going to get my experience.

Back
Top Bottom