Reef Club/Blue XT Sea review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You guys are killing me with all this Coz food talk! :popcorn: The great food is reason #2 for our trips to Coz (#1 is diving - of course!!!) I'm now having severe cravings for Sabores, La Choza, Primas .... and a slew of others!! There are too many good places and not enough time to eat at them all!!!

:D gordon i'm with you,
sorry i dont agree Lawman, some of my favorite restaraunts are in cozumel, i often think of la chosa, the french quarter, guidos, sonora grill, la mission, prima,and many others while i'm away from cozumel , and i've had o.k. food at AI' s but nothing to write home about. i suppose in YOUR situation its probably better for you to settle for the AI with a family in tow, its much easier. i'm usually traveling with a few freinds and we enjoy searching out the really good, fun places to eat. and for the Reef Club, i would and may stay there again, but i'll go into town to eat... i hope you have as good weather for your trip as we had last week, :D diver88
sunsetatcozumel.jpg

I remember seeing Christie's list before, but can't seem to find it. It should really be pinned to the top of Cozumel forum so us "no-brainers" can find it easily!

I found it!!!!!

Lkyman:
I remember seeing Christie's list before, but can't seem to find it. It should really be pinned to the top of Cozumel forum so us "no-brainers" can find it easily!

I found it!!!!!
Even tho you found it, I'll post the link. Christi is a wonderful asset to the forum here, providing a lot of useful info and help and it's not for the business. Her boats stay pretty full on repeat & word of mouth customers, and while her operation seems to be growing some, she's too smart to over extend herself there. She does much too much personal work for her customers to handle a big operation probly.

Still, we did get her to finally post her link on her Sig, in tiny letters, but it works, and her site is a wealth of info even if one is diving with a totally different Op: http://www.bluextseadiving.com

Specifically, her Where To Eat list: http://www.bluextseadiving.com/restaurants.php The "La Mission on 30th" has changed its name to Parillo's I think, there may be some other details not totally up to the minute, but it is a wonderful guide.

1. There was a criticism of Reef Clubs hamburgers. They are not as good as McDonalds hamburgers. McDonalds [even though it's trading a little over $43.00 today] is the World Standard of hamburgers. Still, I found the Reef Club sliders to be quite acceptable.

2. Paris. You go to Paris for great food. You do not go to Cozumel, Mexico for great
food. The food in Coz is fine. It's good, well prepared, and I eat a lot of it. I like Reef Clubs food. Come Friday I'll be eating it again and enjoying it again.

There. Does that make my position perfectly clear on the issue of McDonalds, Reef Club and Cozumel food? The Lawman hath spoken.

Lawman:
1. There was a criticism of Reef Clubs hamburgers. They are not as good as McDonalds hamburgers. McDonalds [even though it's trading a little over $43.00 today] is the World Standard of hamburgers. Still, I found the Reef Club sliders to be quite acceptable.

2. Paris. You go to Paris for great food. You do not go to Cozumel, Mexico for great
food. The food in Coz is fine. It's good, well prepared, and I eat a lot of it. I like Reef Clubs food. Come Friday I'll be eating it again and enjoying it again.

There. Does that make my position perfectly clear on the issue of McDonalds, Reef Club and Cozumel food? The Lawman hath spoken.

Absolutely clear. I absolutely disagree on both points, but I understand your position. ;^)

Lawman:

Your position was perfectly clear from the start. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it.

Lawman:

One question. Are you diving with Sand Dollar?:shakehead

Lawman:
:rofl3: You have every right to post those opinions here. I think McDonalds & Reef Club food both suck, but I'll throw french fries at anyone who says you can't post your very easy to please preferences. :D

Actually, some of us do go to Coz in part for the food. Sometime when it's just you and the wife, stay close to town without AI, and try Christi's eatery list.

But with the whole family, I'd stay at an AI, Allergo maybe. I don't know, not going to happen in my family. :crafty:

Don, you actually made me blush. Thank you for the very kind words :) and you're right, BXTS will remain a 2 boat operation as long as I have anything to say about it :) I know my limits :)

Lawman...no offense was intended and I appreciate your position 100%...but I don't agree with it 100% :) I actually lived in France for a year (1999/2000) and was never all that impressed by the food overall...except when I went to really fancy places where a single entree cost more than a two-tank dive...very good...but I'll take the dive and a delicious meal in Coz anyday :)

Back
Top Bottom