Reef Club/Blue XT Sea review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I've noticed you on the board less lately - spring break business already hitting and keeping you busy...?

Yeah, I think the French got their reputation for their "fine dining" from their creative sauces developed to mask their poor beef quality, their "French attitude" (no comment), and their fine wines to complement the dishes. Never been there myself, just going on what I've picked up here and there - could certainly be wrong, except for their wines. :D

Similar to Coz, our best hamburgers, steaks, and bar-b-que (and I'm talking Texas BBQ, with the sauce - not what a Californian calls BBQ, i.e cooked on a grill) come from the locally owned eateries, never the chains. I can eat a Whopper, but rather pay more for one prepared by the family down the street.

Well, the very best hamburgers I've had were special. I grew the beef personally, had it slaughtered & hung to age by a family friend, then stored in my freezer. When I thawed a package of ground, I'd let it set in the fridge for several days, maybe a week, until it started to turn gray - then make thick patties by hand. I don't know where one can buy hamburgers made from thick, hand formed patties - it's strictly DIY I guess, and you wouldn't want to let ground go gray normally I don't guess - but I knew how clean meat was and all. Juicy & tasty.
animal-smiley-034.gif

For chili, ground bull round, pureed red tomatoes, etc. But I'm rambling again... :blush:

:D no lawman,
1.i would never go to france for great food,
2.in 03 i got the best burger i've ever had at the reef club, in 07 the burgers were reported to suck
3. cozumel is one of my most favorite places on earth to stay, dive, and eat and i hope you have a wonderful time on your nearing trip, now do i make myself perfectly clear????

DSC00794.jpg

:D i thought so... diver88

Over the years in a legal career that started before Jimmy Carter was President I have argued many issues. I have never had to defend McDonalds hamburgers. Neither have I had to defend the Reef Club food. Neither need defending. They are food. Fairly good food.I ate Reef Club food in January and I shall eat it again in March. This Friday to be exact. I will enjoy it. I will also go downtown in Cozumel and eat in restaurants. I will enjoy that as well.Will it be the best food I've ever eaten? Probably not, but I didn't go there for the best food. I went there to dive and eat Mexican food which I happen to enjoy. It would appear from the number of locals entering and leaving McDonalds in Coz that they must like eating American food on occasion as well.

Yours for better eating, Lawman

Lawman:
Over the years in a legal career that started before Jimmy Carter was President I have argued many issues. I have never had to defend McDonalds hamburgers. Neither have I had to defend the Reef Club food. Neither need defending. They are food. Fairly good food.I ate Reef Club food in January and I shall eat it again in March. This Friday to be exact. I will enjoy it. I will also go downtown in Cozumel and eat in restaurants. I will enjoy that as well.Will it be the best food I've ever eaten? Probably not, but I didn't go there for the best food. I went there to dive and eat Mexican food which I happen to enjoy. It would appear from the number of locals entering and leaving McDonalds in Coz that they must like eating American food on occasion as well.

Yours for better eating, Lawman

"Objection, your honor! That's irrelevant, incompetent, and immaterial!"

- Hamilton Burger

Wasn't that Sandy Burger?

Lawman:
Wasn't that Sandy Burger?

Nope. A sandy burger is what you get at the Reef Club. ;^)

From http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/P/htmlP/perrymason/perrymason.htm

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The title character is a lawyer working out of Los Angeles. Mason, played by Raymond Burr, is teamed with two talented and ever faithful assistants: trusty and beautiful secretary Della Street, played by Barbara Hale, and the suave but boyish private detective Paul Drake, played by William Hopper. In each episode this trio worked to clear their innocent client of the charge of murder against the formidable district attorney Hamilton Burger, played by William Talman. [/FONT]

Dandy Don says:
Yeah, I think the French got their reputation for their "fine dining" from their creative sauces developed to mask their poor beef quality, their "French attitude" (no comment), and their fine wines to complement the dishes. Never been there myself, just going on what I've picked up here and there - could certainly be wrong, except for their wines.
04.gif

Jfcl01
Anytime you slur another culture and then cover your *** by saying "I could be wrong" proves you are an ignorant loud mouth and you justify the term "ugly american".

jfcl01:
Dandy Don says:
Yeah, I think the French got their reputation for their "fine dining" from their creative sauces developed to mask their poor beef quality, their "French attitude" (no comment), and their fine wines to complement the dishes. Never been there myself, just going on what I've picked up here and there - could certainly be wrong, except for their wines.
04.gif

Jfcl01
Anytime you slur another culture and then cover your *** by saying "I could be wrong" proves you are an ignorant loud mouth and you justify the term "ugly american".
Okee dokee. Our SB Tos regs really require a more diplomatic appraoch to pointing out when I've been a dumb ***, but I'm going to just say Guilty! :blush: and thank you for your correction.

Hope you're enjoying Scubaboard. :wink:

:D Mr Dandy Don, you are a gentleman, i salute you. i have never refered to anyone as an ignorant loudmouth unless they were standing directly in front of me, but its easy to do on the internet and if you have nothing else to say or contribute in a constructive manner. by reading the two previous posts it is clear which party posted the "ugly" and mean spirited post. to Ms JFCl01, it is entirely unclear to me why you are angry, i saw one other post by you whereas you took delight in the " sluring of the american culture", so it seems that YOU are guilty of the main points you made in your last post, "ugly", and "sluring". i personally suscribe to this board for an exchange of ideas about my favorite vacation destination, Cozumel Mx., and i am proud to be native american and a citizen of the United States of America. with that said i pray you can take a deep breath and start thinking of relaxing on your next vacation to beautiful Cozumel, have a nice day..... diver88

DSC00768.jpg

diver88:
:D Mr Dandy Don, you are a gentleman, i salute you.
Well, thank you - I do try to be a gentleman, even when angry - but more importantly when I'm wrong and need to admit it.

I've never toured France, never been there, so my cracks were inappropriate. :shakehead

Perhaps jfcl01 might have seem a little aggressive, but s/he is new to SB, we all have pet peeves and bad moods, and so forth. I'm certainly willing to accept the post in good nature, and add my apologies for my cracks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom