Reef Divers Dive/Fly rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mbs

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, looking at returning to Little Cayman later this year and working out logistics. I would like to connect with the 1:10PM United flight back to EWR on the Saturday return. In order to do that comfortably we would need to take the 8:50am flight to GCM. So the question is will Reef divers allow us to do the 2 morning dives Friday? I would prefer the full 24 hours, but diving nitrox all week I'm comfortable with ~21 hours. Just back from Bonaire and totally psyched to be back diving after this 2 year void!

Yes, we have dived the morning dives on Friday and taken the first flight to GC on Saturday and it was not a problem.

Reef Divers typically follows an 18 hour rule. So you would be allowed to dive the morning dives, but not the afternoon on your last day. We dive nitrox also and I typically give myself a little buffer on the last day at LC by doing the 1st morning dive a bit shallower than I would otherwise go. On the 2nd morning dive I keep the dive mostly less than 40' and use it like a 60 minute safety stop to off-gas from the week. Little Cayman is a great place for that, since the wall typically starts at around 25' if you are diving on the north side of the island. So there is plenty to see if you want to stay shallow, even if the rest of the group is doing a wall dive. We have a trip to LC planned for Late September, and I can't wait! It has been since 2019 since we have been able to go there, and the trip to T&C early this year just didn't measure up to what we are used to on LC.

Yes, we have dived the morning dives on Friday and taken the first flight to GC on Saturday and it was not a problem.
Thanks! Just got off the phone with them and they also confirmed that we can do both morning dives on Friday. No free drinks that week I'm afraid :wink:

Reef Divers typically follows an 18 hour rule. So you would be allowed to dive the morning dives, but not the afternoon on your last day. We dive nitrox also and I typically give myself a little buffer on the last day at LC by doing the 1st morning dive a bit shallower than I would otherwise go. On the 2nd morning dive I keep the dive mostly less than 40' and use it like a 60 minute safety stop to off-gas from the week. Little Cayman is a great place for that, since the wall typically starts at around 25' if you are diving on the north side of the island. So there is plenty to see if you want to stay shallow, even if the rest of the group is doing a wall dive. We have a trip to LC planned for Late September, and I can't wait! It has been since 2019 since we have been able to go there, and the trip to T&C early this year just didn't measure up to what we are used to on LC.
Thanks! I thought I recalled they go by 18 hours... Try not to trash the place, we are going last week in Nov :wink:

I just came back from Cayman Brac and I dove with Reef Divers. I got there on a Saturday. I did 3 dives on Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs and 2 dives on Fri and left on the morning of Saturday.

To get there, I had to have a documented negative result of a Covid antigen test from the day before my flight. To leave, i had to have a documented negative result of a Covid antigen test from the day before my flight to the USA. The resort handled the administration of the test (they had a guy from the local hospital over see there testing so it was done by a health official).

Reactions: mbs
Thanks! I thought I recalled they go by 18 hours... Try not to trash the place, we are going last week in Nov :wink:
I’ll be there from Nov 26 to Dec 3. We overlapping?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom