Reef House "Resort"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the pix I hotlinked... which boat is the one they no longer use?

A new one is added? Somebody get us a picture of it, then, please!

Of the two boats they had, one was larger with a platform at the back that you climbed on to get out of the water and one boat was smaller that used a wooden ladder on the side. The smaller one they still have but they purchased one of the dive boats from BIBR after they closed down and now are supposed to be using it instead of the smaller boat.

Last edited:
On the pix I hotlinked... which boat is the one they no longer use?

A new one is added? Somebody get us a picture of it, then, please!

Of the pics you have linked to, the one labeled "The smaller boat" is the one Mike said was being replaced. I'm pretty sure they still have that boat but don't use it in the dive operation on a regular basis. At least that's my understanding of how it's working now.

we were there for 3 weeks in Jan. and yes they use the small boat for only going to town, bringing in luggage and guests, etc. I believe the pic goodKarmaKid had is not the boat they bought. The boat setting on the right side looks like the boat they added. I will say the reefs seem to be in better shape on the east end, but fish don't see as many divers and are harded to get close to. If you like to dive, eat, sleep with no frills, the Reef House is a great choice. We are planning on going back!

I don't recall ever seeing a report that says the Reef House is anything but what it is; laid back, rustic, just a great place to eat, sleep, dive, repeat often.:D:D

Yep - I agree. This bad review surprised me also and makes me wonder what is going on there and why they are so understaffed - - that's unfortunate. I stop in there occasionally and everyone always seems happy with their stay. Reef House is where we stayed when we came to Roatan on dive trips (before moving from U.S. to Roatan). It has alway been a "hard core" divers hideaway. Calling it a "resort" is even a stretch. If looking for nightlife, unless you want to go to bars across the water in Pandy Town, RH is not the place to stay. If seeking out a fancy dive resort where you are going to be catered to, RH is not the place to stay. If looking for laid back, stress-free, budget rooms/low cost diving on some of the island's best sites, then yes, you'll find it there.

There must be some significant issues for RH to have taken such a steep decline in customer satisfaction. I know they had the misfortune of having one of their dive boats sink at Calvin's Crack a couple months ago - but it was raised up from the bottom and returned to them. :idk:

There must be some significant issues for RH to have taken such a steep decline in customer satisfaction.

Was this posted as a joke? Where is the "steep decline"? As I pointed out earlier, they have a higher rating than either CocoView or AK. :confused:

Was this posted as a joke? Where is the "steep decline"? As I pointed out earlier, they have a higher rating than either CocoView or AK. :confused:

Sorry, wasn't referring to ratings - - just the review. The dive operator (representing the group brought to RH) made some very negative comments - - and its obviously a decline from previous posts and comments on this board. Maybe "steep" was a strong word. Maybe not. Time will tell, huh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom