Referral Dives on St. Thomas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Loty

New
Reaction score
We are going to St. Thomas in January to complete our Open Water PADI certification. Can someone recommend a dive shop in Charlotte Amalie area. I've seen some web sites for Admiralty, Blue Island, Coki and others but would like to hear people's opinions before I commit. Also would like to know why prices are so different - Coki charges $240 for 4 referral dives while Blue Island Divers wants $400. Am I missing something here?

Thanks in advance,
Lev

Coki is by far the cheapest organization you can go with. I did a dive with them about a week ago. I believe the reason for their lower prices (according to them) is the fact that they do not have access to the same facilities other organizations use IE: pools. Their classes are all taught out in the open ocean. Their staff are very friendly and I have nothing bad to say about them.

Last edited:
I just did a dive with admiralty and I'd also like to recommend them, they have a wide variety of sites and their staff is very friendly. They also keep the dive groups small which is a big plus in my books.

Coki is much cheaper because they do all shore dives.

Thats not true......coki does boat AND beach dives. Coki is the most affordable and offers great dives, check out the videos. (link below)

Also check out these guys, they do all of Coki's high definition video and photo stuff. Pretty cool...videos from Coki Beach in Hi Def.

YouTube - DiveHDV's Channel

My wife and I spent 4 days diving with Blue Island Divers in September and they were FANTASTIC. I am certified and my wife was not so she did the discover scuba course and was VERY comfortable. The DM and boat captain are first rate, the wrecks they take on that side of the island were fantastic, they will pick you up by your hotel or resort if possible, and their numbers on the boat are low. They are located near the airport in a very nice marina. Great night dives as well. I could not recommend them more and I hope you look them up while you are there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom