Reg Questions and Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by scuba6559
Tavi - my e-mail for Fred T. got returned 'undeliverable!'

??

Sorry,
It was working as of a few days ago. :huh:
My last response from him had the other address. I gave you the one I had been using.

I was under the impression that you did not own regs at all when I sugggested the Apeks. I wouldn't dump decent regs just to get them, but would certainly buy Apeks if you were going to replace them later on. Besides everything else, there a much easier reg to service than the SP.

Detroit Diver,

No problem, I will probably get some eventually I think the first stages do a little better job at hose routing. I made some changes yesterday to the rig. I un-tied the bungies and shifted the bads a little higher on the tanks in order to put some more weight on my butt. I tell you what though, that OMS wing without bungies looks huge. I think the outer shell is larger than o 50 lb size, but I could be wrong. My Fred T heavy plate will be here in the next couple of days, so that will add 4 more pounds. I am hoping that will be just enough to allow me to use a little air in the bc. Now just the little bit of air in the drysuit is controlling the bouyancy and we all know how that can shift around. Hopefully thursday I will try the changes out.

Shane

Hi,

I have had a problem with both my S600/MK20's. As diving in Austria, I palnned a dive to 50 meter (150 ft).
At 51 m. my first reg froze! But prepared as I was Itook my back-up S600 MK20. But after 4 breaths this one froze aswell!
The water was 4 degrees Celcius. Not the most cold dive I made.

After returning home I bought a Poseidon Cyclon. I've been to 24 meters here in the Netherlands, with 4 degrees aswell. No problem. It even seems that the air is a bit warmer somehow.

Greets,
Imadiver.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom