Reg service question in Malaysia/Singapore.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

panicdiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys n gals

I've been doing some readings/research on various scuba equipment escpecially the regulator. I was wondering does the free service, free parts and other warranty stuff is valid if I buy the regulator in Malaysia or singapore.

I've heard that some of the regulator is not warranted - even if bought from authorised dealer - in this region but rather the dive shop that offer "warranty".

Please help and clear this out ... I'm confuse.

Thank you

Official Distributors and service centres will honor the warrantee. If it is specifically written on the warrantee card that it is only applicable to specific country, then there is no reason to expect them to honor non-applicable clauses.

In Singapore, Richmond honors all Scubapro warantees. Divemaster Pratama does Aqualung. Koni services Poseidon and other exotic brands. I bring my Mares to my frequent diveshop who's an authorised dealer and service-centre.

You can always write to the equipment manufacturer to enquire if the special service like free parts, free labour etc applies in the country. For SP, I know it's free parts if you service it annually. You pay for labour.

Hi

Thank you for the info. I will check on the details.

Thank again

edwinh:
Official Distributors and service centres will honor the warrantee. If it is specifically written on the warrantee card that it is only applicable to specific country, then there is no reason to expect them to honor non-applicable clauses.

In Singapore, Richmond honors all Scubapro warantees. Divemaster Pratama does Aqualung. Koni services Poseidon and other exotic brands. I bring my Mares to my frequent diveshop who's an authorised dealer and service-centre.

You can always write to the equipment manufacturer to enquire if the special service like free parts, free labour etc applies in the country. For SP, I know it's free parts if you service it annually. You pay for labour.

As far as I am aware, free service parts for Scubapro regs is only applicable in the US. I am not aware of any makes which comes with free service or service parts in Malaysia/Singapore area.

Warranty only covers manufacturing defects and does not cover routine service. If a service part needs replacement even during the warranty period, most service centres will charge for the part.

Back
Top Bottom