Reg Service - Youtube Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Seraphimx

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been reading Vance Harlow's book and disassembling my regs to see how it works & if it's easy.
I've seen the schematics for the DS4's i have and it looks fairly easy.

I wanted to videotape my process and post them on SB to see if someone can point out something I did wrong or to correct me.
I'm already looking into getting the HOG reg service class. I've found someone to teach me and he's gathering info on the class (it's his first time teaching it).

My main questions are:

1) Do you thin I should put videos on?
2) Could I be sued, even if I put a disclaimer?
(example: Someone looks at the vid, tries to repair his gear and dies, family sues me)
3) What video hosting would you use?
(a lot of people go to Vimeo because of copyrights, it's still YOUR video)

Thanks

I don't know about Canada, but in the US you might just get sued for even contemplating putting a regulator repair video online. I don't worry too much about getting sued because you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. If you do decide to go forward your disclaimer should state that there is a 100% chance that you will die or win a Darwin award if you do your own regulator repair.
I've been reading Vance Harlow's book and disassembling my regs to see how it works & if it's easy.
I've seen the schematics for the DS4's i have and it looks fairly easy.

I wanted to videotape my process and post them on SB to see if someone can point out something I did wrong or to correct me.
I'm already looking into getting the HOG reg service class. I've found someone to teach me and he's gathering info on the class (it's his first time teaching it).

My main questions are:

1) Do you thin I should put videos on?
2) Could I be sued, even if I put a disclaimer?
(example: Someone looks at the vid, tries to repair his gear and dies, family sues me)
3) What video hosting would you use?
(a lot of people go to Vimeo because of copyrights, it's still YOUR video)

Thanks

Go to 'frogkick.com' [if you haven't already] and you can download manuals, then print it out...They're in color and have all the spec's...1st stages are actually easier to rebuild than 2nd's......Make sure you have the gauges/tools/parts and if you follow the manuals you'll be surprised at how easy it is [and how much money you'll save....Gauges/tools will pay for themselves :) !!!]...If your putting a video out for the purpose of looking for help as to what YOU'RE doing on YOU'RE equipment and not 'instructional', you should be OK.....SB members ask for advice about their equipment regularly.....

I've already been on Frogkick.com
It's true, the first stage is simpler than the second.
I've already opened the DS4 & the ATX200 second.

What I'll do is make a password protected video, I'll put the password here on SB. Disclaimer will be on.
Thanks

Post it on Youtube. If you have any paranoid tendencies, simply set it to be visible by link so it can't be viewed without the correct URL. Another option is to simply set it to private where only you can provide access to the video.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom