Regulator parts for life question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jt83

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I purchased a Scubapro first and second stage regulator new from Leisurepro in November 2011. This is after the point where LP became an authorized dealer for Scubapro. I did not purchase a scubapro octo or computer. Am I still covered under the PFL program? I believe that I am since LP was an authorized dealer at the time, and before 2012 I wasn't required to purchase the octo, computer or BC. However, I have an LDS that is giving me some conflicting information, so I wanted to be sure.

Thank you!

It was last year when they made the first round of changes to the PFL program. I believe it required an individual to buy a BCD, computer, and regulator to get the PFL.

Correct, the PFL program was in effect in 2011 for regulator purchases. If you are having some difficulty, send me a private post with the LDS name and your serial numbers, etc. Pls double check to see that your regulators are registered.

Harry,

I'm a little confused about the 1 versus 2 year service now. My regs are normally serviced in November and are now 12 months since last service. Some of them are >100 dives (primary and back gas) while some of the stage regs are <100 dives.

Can I still get free parts for the >100 dive regs with the 12 month interval?
And does the 2 year interval good for this year, or do I need a November 2012 service on the stage regs to get a 24 month interval for 2013-2014?

Thanks in advance...

Harry, I'd also like a bit of clarification on the new service intervals. I brought my reg in today and was told of the new change. What I understood was it's now 2 years or 100 dives, whichever comes first, but the 100 dives is on an honour system... so basically a 2 year interval but recommended every 100 dives?

As an aside, my g250v has recently decided to rebrand itself and is currently a SC RO G2-0V... is it common for the lettering to come off?

Hi oreocookie, yes, we have lengthened to service interval to 24 months or 100 dives whichever comes first. The Dealer will be able to guesstimate care and usage of the regulator when you bring it in... if you feel you need to service the regulator sooner than the 2 yrs, feel free to bring to your Authorized Dealer for service and free parts however labor charges do apply.

That is odd that you have lost letters on the G250V; please bring to your LDC as this appears to be a warranty fix with no problems.

What's involved with putting the letters back on? The reg is currently at the shop after being serviced (it's still there cause the octo needed some readjustment, but that's for another thread)... apparently they cleaned it with I don't know what, and there are now no letters at all other than the S on the purge. I'll definitely ask them about it when I go to pick it up later this week.

A new purge cover is the quickest fix for it.

Generally speaking, the plastic parts do not need to go in the ultrasound, and if they do, moderation is a good idea...

Does this change affect all regulators, or those purchased since 2011? For example I bought mine in 2010 and had it serviced at exactly a year. Am I still yearly or every 2 years now?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom