Regulator question again...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boshk

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all, first post here, asking alot of questions, sorry if its a repeat.

We don't live in USA, or UK but have family in UK.

We just got our Open Water and are planning to take Advanced later this month in Bali. We would like to buy 2 sets of regulators and I had narrowed it down to Apeks XTX40, ATX40 (most budget friendly) and maybe XL4 BUT now I see there are sales on the Aqua Lung LX Supreme.

I must admit, I haven't done any research on AL products except their Dive computer i300C which I will get.

Any comments on Aqua LX vs Apeks ?

thanks

I assume you are referring to an Aqualung Legend LX Supreme?
The Legend series was introduced after Aqualung bought Apeks, and utilizes a lot of design elements learned/lifted from Apeks. Performance is very similar.
Main difference: Legend 1st stage has Automatic Closure Device, 2nd stage combines both Venturi and opening effort adjustment into a single control. XTX 2nd stage has far more common two separate controls, TX has only the Venturi. TX 1st stage also has only one HP port.

the VAT discount would be good but the shipping will probably cost more. I will see my family before we go to Bali though.
Non EC residents, British still is, can claim the VAT back at the airport in UK but you need the shop to co-operate and provide all the necessary document.
A full set of Apeks can easily cost over 400 quid, highly unlikely the shipping would cost substantially more(20% of 400 is 80 quid).

Non EC residents, British still is, can claim the VAT back at the airport in UK but you need the shop to co-operate and provide all the necessary document.
A full set of Apeks can easily cost over 400 quid, highly unlikely the shipping would cost substantially more(20% of 400 is 80 quid).

thanks, where do you shop for your dive stuff in Hong Kong? We need mask/snorkel set and I don't want to online shop for those.

I assume you are referring to an Aqualung Legend LX Supreme?
The Legend series was introduced after Aqualung bought Apeks, and utilizes a lot of design elements learned/lifted from Apeks. Performance is very similar.
Main difference: Legend 1st stage has Automatic Closure Device, 2nd stage combines both Venturi and opening effort adjustment into a single control. XTX 2nd stage has far more common two separate controls, TX has only the Venturi. TX 1st stage also has only one HP port.

yea, the LX, its on sale in UK so I'm just wondering what the difference is. I'm 99% whichever one I get, even the Apeks ATX, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference as a beginner, trying to 'future-proof' my regulator.

At the moment, ATX40 is around £390 full set with spg+depth, XTX40s, XL4's and LX are hoovering around £400+...all without console

I dive a legend supreme and love it. Never dove the apes, so couldnt say there. I have dove the legend lx supreme in water from 40 to 85 degrees, and it performed wonderfully. Hope it helps

I dove a legend lx for years and switched to an Apeks XTX50 a couple years ago and honestly I think the Apeks breaths as good or better than the legend and it was about half the price. I also like the hose routing better on the Apeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom