• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Regulator Service notes

Discussion in 'Deep 6 Outfitters' started by mcpowell, Aug 2, 2019.

1. GJC

GJC Solo Diver

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    That's true, you don't. As long as you are sure you don't press the purge button while the second stage is underwater (he mentions that too).

But it's really hard to ensure that the purge button doesn't bump the bottom of the tub, the hoses, the first stage or anything else underwater.

The amount of water that enters will depend on how deep the second stage is and how long the purge is open. If you have a bunch of stuff soaking in the tub, it is possible for the purge to be depressed during the entire soak.

2. fmerkel

fmerkel Loggerhead Turtle

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Yeah, but if it truly is fresh water incursion, how is that going to do any appreciable damage?
    I've been soaking regs for 20 years unpressurized. I'm reasonably careful about it, but not OCD. Can't say that I've ever seen any problem caused by that and I overhaul my own regs.

3. happy-diver

happy-diver Skindiver Just feelin it ScubaBoard Sponsor

# of Dives: 100 - 199
    So then for the benefit of general people

Soaking your regs pressurised also enables you to see minute leaks rather than cause them

4. aviator8

aviator8 Photographer

# of Dives: 25 - 49
    Yes that is what @cerich told me. Just don’t press the purge. If you can it is best to soak pressurized. But not all of us have a tank for that. You can also soak but keep the first stage above the seconds just in case purge gets hit.

5. Primary

Primary Angel Fish

If you accidentally get freshwater inside a reg during the soak, or suspect that you did, hook it up to a tank and purge both secod stages to blow out the moisture. A little freshwater will not do any harm.