Regulator set up cost.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My 2 cents. I like and use an IP gauge separate from the inline adjuster. My gauge is used to moniter the condition of my first stages and to set the IP as needed. The inline adjuster is then used to set the second stage. So IP gauge for the first and the inline adjuster for the second.

The IP gauge I also take when I travel but not the inline. On a trip, if I need to tweak a second, I just use a screw driver (the orifice on my regs is sloted).

So far I haven't bothered with an inline adjuster, but I don't know how well it would work when submerging regs to get the diaphragm an inch or so underwater. I picked up a Magnehelic and am putting together a proper test bench so I may evaluate this decision in the future.

Bob

I’m local to DGX so I’m going to head over there and grab a IP gauge to get started

So far I haven't bothered with an inline adjuster, but I don't know how well it would work when submerging regs to get the diaphragm an inch or so underwater. I picked up a Magnehelic and am putting together a proper test bench so I may evaluate this decision in the future.

Bob

About ten minutes ago, I filled my bathroom sink with water and adjusted a deep6 2nd stage with the inline adjuster attached with no problem whatsoever. The only issue I ran into was making sure that the inline adjuster didn't try to adjust the 2nd stage while screwing the adjuster on and off.

Back
Top Bottom