Remains are identified as a boy pirate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Way too cool! Thanks for sharing!

Interesting. Thanks for the link.

What an incredible find! I have been infatuated with this wreck since reading Expedition Whydah.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Cool. We've visited the pirate museum in Provincetown a couple times. The story of Whydah of the chronicles of her discovery are fascinating. There are some really incredible items from the wreck on exhibit. Thanks for sharing.

That book is a prime example of how a "treasure" salvor can contribute more knowledge about history then any of the underwater anthropologists (did you read Daniel Lenihans useless book?). Glad to see they are still gleaning historical knowledge from that wreck. What I found interesting about pirate life from that book was how pirate society was a democracy, whereas the commercial and naval ships were often ran by ruthless tyrants. This was one of the main draws for commerical sailors to join the pirates when their ships were raided.

that's a great story ... but a lie!

what happened to the ghosts manning the ship? and how come they
don't mention Jack Sparrow???

not a true story

H2Andy:
...and how come they
don't mention Jack Sparrow???

not a true story

That's CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow, if you please.

Thanks for the interesting info. I read a book about the Whydah years ago. "Treasure Wreck - The Fortunes and Fate of the Pirate Ship Whydah" by Arthur T. Vanderbilt II. ISBN is 0-395-39975-0, published in 1986.

Back
Top Bottom