Remember to double check your flight reservations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hdtran

Geography Police
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Especially if you booked your flights early.

Continental Airlines changed some flight numbers or schedules, so their computers re-booked my flight (without telling me). I checked this weekend, and I had been re-booked to arrive in Houston after my connection had departed for Roatan.

A quick phone call to Continental; some boring music on hold, and they fixed things. The incorrect rebooking occurred because flight numbers or commuter jet contracts had changed. The computer only flags that you have a connection, but doesn't check that you may miss your connection(!).

So, you may want to check your online tickets/reservations regularly.

Regards,

hdtran

Continental did that to us last year. It boggled my mind that they would-
1) rebook us on an itinerary that was not physically possible
2) not tell us they'd done it

One reason to book the whole thing through a stateside booking agent.

They handle all of it.

It happens to me every time, no matter who books.
This trip to Bonaire I booked flights so that on our return we had a 2+ hour layover in Houston in order to get through customs.... well, they changed the flights to a 62 minute layover. They notified me of the change by e-mail. I called but they said since it is over 60 minutes it is considered a legal change, so they will not move us to other flights without a change charge. Gee thanks. I am about sick enough of this issue to quit flying for dive trips out of the country. It's going to be either Southwest or driving.

Continental and US air are merging some flights, they just borked a trip I had planned this summer as well and had us land after the next flight took off, they only managed to tell us they changed my flight, but did not inform us that they changed my wifes as well (she was flying out on a different day) So make sure to double check.

Continental did this to me last month. If we hadn't caught it, we would have been stuck in Houston, trying to find an open seat on flight that only goes out twice a day, along with about 100 other people who had been on the same itenerary.

Yes, it's good to check your reservation and seat assignments often, but it's also good to ensure that your email is on the record and that emails from the airline do not go to your spam.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom