Removal of personal information from posts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theduckguru

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

We don't allow the posting of private information such as full names, private email addresses or telephone numbers. Anytime such information is called to our attention it will likely be removed. If someone persists in doing so, they may find their posting privileges revoked.

Did you guys remove the name of Keith Wells in a a very lengthy series of posts?

How about Gundi Holm?

There are folks on this site donating to prohibit this kind of censorship.

Did you guys remove the name of Keith Wells in a a very lengthy series of posts?

How about Gundi Holm?

There are folks on this site donating to prohibit this kind of censorship.

Personal info was indeed removed from the former incident.

In the latter incident, Gundi Holmes has sued SB and it is a matter of public record.

We similarly don't allow the posting of names in the Accident and Incidents forum until it becomes a matter of public record.

We are NOT here to mediate personal disputes between users such as this. That includes verifying the truthfulness of either parties claim. Allowing unubstantiated personal information to stand is against the policy of the board and it will be removed as needed.

Personal info was indeed removed from the former incident.

In the latter incident, Gundi Holmes has sued SB and it is a matter of public record.

We similarly don't allow the posting of names in the Accident and Incidents forum until it becomes a matter of public record.

We are NOT here to mediate personal disputes between users such as this. That includes verifying the truthfulness of either parties claim. Allowing unubstantiated personal information to stand is against the policy of the board and it will be removed as needed.

Please conduct a search for Wells and you'll find your statement incorrect.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

We don't allow the posting of private information such as full names, private email addresses or telephone numbers. Anytime such information is called to our attention it will likely be removed. If someone persists in doing so, they may find their posting privileges revoked.

SB might want to update it's privacy policy, because it doesn't say anything about 3rd party (user) postings of peoples names/addresses, etc. Just that that it doesn't collect it to sell to other parties.

The only rule I've seen on not posting names is in the accidents forum, not to post accident victims names until it's been publicly released, (which makes sense).

I agree it's not the best policy to have posting of peoples full names (without their permission). but might be best for SB to actually include that in their privacy statement/policy.

I think the reference of the "keithdiver incident" was a good reference.... (before it was split into another thread, which I can see why also for separate discussion).

Please conduct a search for Wells and you'll find your statement incorrect.

Information was reported and it was removed. There may be some information that remains, but we don't police every post for content. They are typically only reviewed and edited if they are reported.

Information was reported and it was removed. There may be some information that remains, but we don't police every post for content. They are typically only reviewed and edited if they are reported.

Yes, we'll agree on that.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/whine-cheeze/374296-warning-all-prospective-buyers.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/whine-cheeze/369861-scubaboard-burying-facts.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/wh...thdiver-where-my-money-halcyon-21-13-5-a.html

Back
Top Bottom