Removing the condom cath

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

formernuke

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Ok, I'm installing a pee valve during this down time and it's time to try on and size the condom cath. What are the tricks to getting them off pain free?

Ok, I'm installing a pee valve during this down time and it's time to try on and size the condom cath. What are the tricks to getting them off pain free?

medical adhesive remover, hot showers, etc. it's not a fun process

Trim, trim, trim! I just lift the base end and pull just enough for it to slowly release, it’s really not bad once you get the hang of it.

Grip it and rip it

If you've got one that's really sticking, if you can get a little bit of the base released, mineral oil will actually loosen it up well. I reveserve mineral oil for the ones that adhesive remover pads and hot showers don't work for.

Is the spray type, wipes or the squirt bottle best? Any brands work better than others?

I use wipes when I can because they're easier to keep at dive sites. but what @lexvil said is important. I highly recommend investing in something that is actually designed for manscaping...

I use wipes when I can because they're easier to keep at dive sites. but what @lexvil said is important. I highly recommend investing in something that is actually designed for manscaping...

Already done, the manscaped lawn mower 3.0 is pretty good and I have a dedicated safety razor.

A little gross... but here’s how I remove them...

I usually have to urinate after getting out of everything... the urine helps loosen off the glue at the tip... I make sure the head is free before proceeding...

Roll/stretch out the catheter from the base and work you way up.... the painfullest parts are either a hair, or the tip... the rest isn’t that bad...

If it’s really on there, or you sandwich a part of you between the glue... your only bet is a shower and pull hard and fast! Then cry in the corner from the pain and mild
Concussion after you collapse..

_R

Back
Top Bottom