What to do when the Rochester Wideband isn't enough?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glueeater

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got a problem that seems to be the opposite of everyone else in the male dry-diving world. They just don't stay glued! Doesn't matter how clean shaven I am, nor how much I wash any skin oils off the morning of, I've tried a few different sizes, I've tried them in heat and humidity and in the cold and dry - every time, my skin just eats the freaking glue off condom caths. After a 45 minute dive, there _might_ be enough glue left to hold but certainly not enough for me to trust it enough to use it, and after anything more than that it's guaranteed to be falling off. What's a fellow to do? Would something like Urobond V (what they recommend for ShePees) work?

And for anyone noticing that this is a first post - no, it's not a troll, I just didn't want this associated with my main screen name anytime someone googles it.

Thanks for any advice!

I recently watched a presentation by Brett Hemphill, and he mentioned "extra glue" on their KUR dives. You could reach out to them and ask for a recommendation?

You are not alone. I haven't resorted to Urobond. For me, it's about sweating. If I'm working hard, either before the dive (e.g., trudging down to the water wearing double 104s) or during the dive, I'm likelier to come unglued. :wink: It usually holds just long enough to make it through a dive, though.

That said, make sure you're wearing the proper size. Too large or too small could be a problem. I have tried sizing up and sizing down, to no avail.

I recently watched a presentation by Brett Hemphill, and he mentioned "extra glue" on their KUR dives. You could reach out to them and ask for a recommendation?
Thanks Chris, I'll reach out to Brett and see what he says...you know if he responds to a random email about extra condom glue 🙃

That said, make sure you're wearing the proper size. Too large or too small could be a problem. I have tried sizing up and sizing down, to no avail.
Is that helium you're breathing or is your catheter too small?

I'll show myself out the door. :wink: :oops::yeahbaby:

Have you tried what the gals often do before she-p installation - wipe the area with an alcohol prep pad and let it dry. Makes a difference.

Back
Top Bottom