rent a pony tank in GCM?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoooter961

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We are going to Sunset House in March and I was wondering if there is anywhere I can rent a pony bottle for the week?

Thanks,
Scott

Try Divetech
I rhink so also...Scuba Diving | Grand Cayman | Divetech

Divetech offers:

• Air, nitrox, O2 and trimix gases

• Gas, double tanks, sidemount tanks, deco bottles

• Tec gear and sidemount equipment rentals
fwiw it's about 7 miles north of Sunset House and the drive will take longer since it goes partly thru town and up Seven Mile Beach. There's a good shore dive there - Lighthouse Point - also.

I would've thought Sunset House rents ponies also but maybe not...

Last edited:
Thanks to all, I contact sunset house first, since that's where I'm staying and I will let everyone know the outcome.

twink_scuba7.jpg

Try Divetech

Thanks for the recommendation! We’re always happy to support any divers coming to Cayman who want to do technical diving, or anything related to that such as renting a pony tank.
However, as most Cayman operators we do have a policy that our tanks are intended to be used on our boats, or our shore dive site. So we would love to welcome you at Divetech for some great diving (we have an award winning shore dive!), but unfortunately can not supply tanks for diving offf-site.

Also please note that with the October 2016 update of the Cayman Watersports Guidelines there has been a clarification on Technical diving (the ‘Appendix C’). The appendix states amongst others "All working dive masters, supervisors, and technical Instructors must have formal technical supervisory training and certification from a recognized training agency and be current with their certification and agency. All must have current liability insurance for technical diving.”.
Any dive operator running technical diving, or supporting technical diving by supplying tanks, gas, etc, without a technical diving certified staff present would be in violation of these guidelines.

We at Divetech love to support anyone wanting to do technical diving on the beautiful Cayman Islands, and changed our policies to be in compliance for divers diving with other operators. Our technical trained staff can now be hired as off-site guides, even when diving with another operator on the island. The guide will also ensure that your tanks and gasses are supplied to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom