Renting/borrowing steel doubles in DFW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Eternal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know where I can rent or borrow a set of LP85 and LP108 doubles? Need them for some practice dives before I head to Florida in January for some training. They would need to have 200 bar manifolds so I could screw in yoke plugs. The 85s are the more important set that I need to borrow....

Does anyone know where I can rent or borrow a set of LP85 and LP108 doubles? Need them for some practice dives before I head to Florida in January for some training. They would need to have 200 bar manifolds so I could screw in yoke plugs. The 85s are the more important set that I need to borrow....

I have a set of LP85s you can borrow one day if you are down in the Austin area.

I think Lone Star Scuba at Preston and LBJ rents doubles. Not sure what capacities they have, though. Give them a call.

We will be diving at Balmorhea so swinging through Austin is out of the way, but might be what we have to do if I find no other options. Basically my wife is taking cavern/intro and needs time in LP85s before the class. Im taking intro with her (already have cavern) and have had a lot of time in LP108s so dont particularly need to dive in them as much but it would not hurt. Ill be buying a set of 108s in early Jan before the training, just cant afford them until after the holidays.

Ill give loan star scuba a call and see what they have to offer.

We will be diving at Balmorhea so swinging through Austin is out of the way, but might be what we have to do if I find no other options. Basically my wife is taking cavern/intro and needs time in LP85s before the class. Im taking intro with her (already have cavern) and have had a lot of time in LP108s so dont particularly need to dive in them as much but it would not hurt. Ill be buying a set of 108s in early Jan before the training, just cant afford them until after the holidays.

Who are yall training through? I am taking a class around that time.

Rob Neto, Dive-a-holic on here. I did my cavern class with him and loved it. His teaching style worked very well with me so I am going to continue with him. He does his training out of Marianna.

No problem...just let me know if you end up needing to borrow them.

.....in addition to the 2 Lone Star Scuba shops (I do business with their Fort Worth shop) you can also check out Surface Interval Scuba/Grand Prarie-right off Hwy 360...they're pretty heavy on tech divers there and always have a bunch of doubles/stage bottles...even rebreathers there.

Karl

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom