Repacking Bauer Filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jpsexton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After much shopping around I finally bought a compressor this past weekend. :yeahbaby:
The guy gave me a box of filters with it and about half of them are old used one's. I took one of them apart last night and it seems like you should be able to repack them pretty easily. The only problem I see is the felt separators. I thought about using some kind of polyester wadding instead of the felt pads. Since there is a metal disc in front of each one I thought maybe you could just pack in the wadding and then pack the media on top of that. Has anyone successfully repacked these?

Now FRP has a fill station? :D Don't tell me that it is at your house...that might as well be FRP since you now live even closer.

crpntr133:
Now FRP has a fill station? :D Don't tell me that it is at your house...that might as well be FRP since you now live even closer.

It's in what I am now officially calling the "Scuba Garage" I had been containing all the scuba gear to one side but the compressor wouldn't fit over there. You might be able to get one car in there now but it's definitely not a two car garage anymore. :wink: I going to work on running 220v out there tonight. No more 30 min. drives for air. :D

Hi John

You dont say the type of bauer filter that you want felts for
if its the p21 type Bauer 057679
I have thousands of all the 3 types that are used to re pack
I sell them in packs to repack 10 times
Colin

jpsexton:
It's in what I am now officially calling the "Scuba Garage" I had been containing all the scuba gear to one side but the compressor wouldn't fit over there. You might be able to get one car in there now but it's definitely not a two car garage anymore. :wink: I going to work on running 220v out there tonight. No more 30 min. drives for air. :D

Just make sure that you put an outside fill station for those times that you aren't at home. :D

The output should have some sort of dacron felt, fine mesh. For the intermediate layers, one can use packing foam. This is the white spongy stuff that is sometimes used in seat cushions. Cut plugs with a hole saw (without a drill bit). Use a hole saw with dacron but the material has to be secured against a backing like plywood. Better a little oversize than too small. A friend has a very sharp hole saw type thing without the teeth. It looks like a hole punch. He uses it in a drill press to make super accurate cuts. The one NITROX issue has to do with carbon dust. If you PP fill--bleed oxygen into a SCUBA tank followed by top off with your air machine--you may wish to consider an inline filter from Compressed Air Specialties. These stop just about anything larger than a couple microns. Initially, there is an investment but if a lot of air is pumped one can save hundreds of dollars over time.

windyairman:
Hi John

You dont say the type of bauer filter that you want felts for
if its the p21 type Bauer 057679
I have thousands of all the 3 types that are used to re pack
I sell them in packs to repack 10 times
Colin

Its a Bauer Utilus 10 with a P21 filter system. How much do you sell the 10 pack for?

Hi John
Cost is $35.00
20 outer felts
20 inner felts
10 top felts
10 small lower O rings
10 upper O rings
Cost is with post
enough to do 10 re fills
Colin

Back
Top Bottom