Repacking filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bananas75

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all

Im currently sailing and diving indonesia and have been using a repackable filter in my compressor which has so far been amazing. Unfortunatly one of the orings on the repackable filter had died and I have no spares and cant find any locally. I have managed to get hold of one OEM bauer filter but will soon exhaust it but have heard that they can be taken apart and repacked.

So, can anyone give some guidance on how to take apart a triplex filter without destroying it?!

many thanks!

Use the orings from the Bauer on the repack filter?

O-rings should not be unobtainium.
Not sure where you have searched. You say "locally" and only list your location as "South Pacific", so that isn't very useful in helping you find stuff.
Do you know what size you need? Can you place an order with McMaster?

Im in Sorong in Raja Ampat, spoken to a few engineerimg shops and no one cam help. Im back to the uk at christmas so will pick some up then.​
I will try using the o rings of the current oem filter, fingers crossed they dont get damaged when i remove them!​

I do not want to hijack this thread but have a question re.hopcalite. I have recently purchased an aluminum repackable cartridge P21 from Germany. Would you know if hopcalite is compatible with the aluminum cartridge. I couldn't find any relevant info. Any of you using aluminum repackable filters, any issues with corrosion etc.?
Thank you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom